Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Sheriff Department switching to 9mm.
I seen this in an article about our county budget for next year.

The department is also switching from .40 caliber to 9mm handguns. With a trade-in from Glock, the cost per gun is about $185.

I wish I could get in on that deal and pick up some Glocks for $185.
You probably can get that deal. Your current gun plus $185 would get you any Glock you want.
That means that there should be a bunch of police trade-in 40's about to hit the market. Those might be a good deal.

Yeah, Glock is known to make deals that you just can't turn down. Which is really a two-fer; it's good for Glock because it ups their market share for pistols in L.E. holsters which in turn helps drive their civilian sales. Glock still makes $ on the deal because a Glock is only like $85 to make. And it's also fiscally responsible for the agency which in turn benefits the citizens of the county. It's a win-win all the way around.

What are they going with? G17 or G45 would be the probable choice I would imagine. Maybe G19 or G26 for the plain clothes guys. Although we issue the G21 we also issue G26 for the plain clothes guys in smaller units like ASU. Some others get the G30.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Once I run into one of the deputies, I will ask.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Secret Service switching to 9mm Glock pistols bmyers 9 463 08-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Switching up targets Ronin.45 1 1,513 05-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: David
  Switching Carry Guns(Again) Ronin.45 29 11,191 10-23-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: mac66