Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you harvesting?
My Tabasco plant is growing and that's it. My jalapeño plant is doing awesome. 4 peppers and some more soon and buds growing. I'll be planting more of these in the same place next season Lord willing. My mint plant is the best thing I've ever planted. Minimal effort and maintenance and it's already a bush. I will be doing more with mint in the future as well.
[Image: confedsouthcarolina.gif][Image: confedsouthcarolina.gif]In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
(07-11-2017, 04:20 PM)JRSC Wrote: My Tabasco plant is growing and that's it. My jalapeño plant is doing awesome. 4 peppers and some more soon and buds growing. I'll be planting more of these in the same place next season Lord willing. My mint plant is the best thing I've ever planted. Minimal effort and maintenance and it's already a bush. I will be doing more with mint in the future as well.

I picked my first watermelon today. It's a Black Diamond. It's chilling in the fridge and I can't wait to taste it.
Thoughts are the seeds of actions. Actions are the seeds of fate. Be careful what you plant.
Growing Your Own Food is Like Growing Your Own Money
You are welcome to visit my author website  http://www.RaymondDeanWhite.com
Blurberriers!  Tons of them this year.  Strawberries not so much.  Peppers are starting to come in along with some tomotos.
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them".
 - Albert Einstein -
We put up 2 more quarts of tomatoes this weekend. I will be picking up some pine nuts so I can make some pesto out of the basil that is growing on the deck. The pesto freezes well and keeps its color if the leaves are blanched.
Tony
Atlanta
I'm getting ready to clean out all of my earth beds and getting them prepped for planting.  Probably wait to plant the next crop towards the end of August maybe and get past some of the heat.  I will no longer have rabbit manure so I'll need to do some research into how long before I can safely add quail droppings.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Since my garden plot has been somewhat of a loss due to a thieving coon I made a trip to the farmer's market. I have 6 quarts of pink-eyed peas, 8 quarts of snap beans, 6 quarts of crowder beans, and 5 quarts of creamed corn in pint freezer bags that we put up earlier today. The mountain peaches have started showing up at the market and I picked up a peck. They still need to ripen a little bit. I also picked up some cucumbers and put up 3 quarts of refrigerator pickles and a quart of whole hot peppers that I got off my pepper plants.

I do have one okra plant that survived the coon. It is producing enough to eat but not enough to put any up. The tomatoes have slowed a bit and we are eating more of them so we haven't put any more up. The bell pepper plants are now yielding about 1 pepper per week between the two plants and is at consumption production also.
Tony
Atlanta
Some corn is due soon... ears growing whiskers and about 2' across

racoon here is no longer with us Smile
Morse is faster than texting !
Getting ready to pull all my old stuff up and getting the soil prepped for the new stuff.  It's been hot here but also getting a lot of rain.  Almost on a daily basis for a while.  Sometimes, and actually mostly often it's a downpour.  

Looking forward to getting new crops of kale, tomatoes, romaine, parsley, garlic, spearmint etc going for the fall season.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
10/15/2017

Ate a guava from the yard and a cheromoya ($8 a pound in the store).  Picked two pomegranates ($3 each in the store).  will eat them tomorrow morning.