Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock Talk
Thumbs Down 
After 20 years I'm thinking about walking away from Glock Talk.  Too be honest, the moderation is piss poor and the trolls are getting thick as thieves.  People feel too free/safe to crap in people's threads and the mods don't moderate.  Getting to be more trouble than it's worth.  I find myself drawn into arguing with these idiots and I don't like how I'm becoming over there or how I feel about it.  Not worth the bother. 

Just venting. Angry
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Takes two to tango. Just don't engage the idiots.
Your right and I shouldn't let them get my goat. Just pisses me off when they misquote me or insert something I didn't say or whatever. And sorry, but the mods on GT are lousy. Bunch of different posters have had run-ins with the same two jokers but the mods do nothing.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I didn't so much intentionally leave GT as just sort of wandered away. I got very interested in 22lr and wound up spending time over at RimfireCentral. It was a very different place in comparison. Pretty troll free and a very helpful online community. What has been intentional was not going back to GT. Although, I must say, I went back over there (GT) to browse the preparedness forum because I was looking for a place to commiserate about preps and things thusly related. What happened was coming across a thread that linked to SEP. I followed the link and remembered that several years back I had some messages/emails from, if I am recalling this correctly, mac66 about coming and joining this site as it was just getting started. At the time the prep forum at GT was one of the forums I was most active in. After perusing this site for a few days I joined up. And this has been a good thing.

Though it has been years since I did much at all at GT my memory of the place seems to focus on the trolls-- there were people who could derail an interesting thread and cause it to devolve into a metaphorical "shouting" match. There were some good and helpful people, some people that came across to me as simply likeable, and then there were the people who had to be right at all costs or simply contrarian for no good purpose. The latter group I don't need in my life. The former group I do. And in my browsing here I noticed some names that were familiar from GT and they were the in good, helpful, and likeable group. Hence, for good or ill, I am here.

So my opinion, for what it is worth and in the parlance of the apparently popular political movement, just walk away.
I have actually wandered back to GT these days.  

As for Trolls Dave - you are the guy who told me to get night sights and mags in thread where I was asking for easy / simple Glock mods!   Big Grin

No doubt every forum has its ups and downs, but I don't let the trolls bother me.  I just move on.  I also don't heavily invest in any one forum...keeping it casual is always good.
I check GT once in a while, but I don't follow it closely, to much drama and a lot of it not gun related.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Secret Service switching to 9mm Glock pistols bmyers 9 463 08-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Glock 42 David 29 4,508 01-27-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: David
  The Next New GLOCK…A10-Round 43X bmyers 11 1,261 01-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Glock 45 David 10 1,356 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Question Pmag for Glock? David 5 1,246 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
  Glock Perfection Bob 68 18,442 08-10-2018, 02:59 PM
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 3 783 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM