Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistol competition
A couple of my buddies (Deputies in my squad) go to pistol and 3-gun comps.  One of them is quite good.  They've invited me to join them.  In a week and a half there is what they describe as an informal competition they are going to attend.  Sounds like a lot of fun and I watched the video of the one they just attended.  I gave them the laundry list of the pistols I own and they recommended the G22.4.  I'll bring that with me, however, I asked if the Sig P365 would be allowed.  They said it probably would be since it's more informal.  My thoughts are that since this is my off-duty carry, I'd like to really run it to see where I'm at with it.  Apparently, the targets are anywhere from almost contact to 45 yards.  Movement is involved.  

I had the chance to shoot my G26, when it was my off-duty, in this type of shooting.  It wasn't a competition but more of a combat class.  I very much enjoyed it and would like to see what I'm capable of with the P365.  I know it isn't the ideal platform for a competition, but I kinda want to see what I'm capable of with this pistol.  Sort of a competition against myself rather than just others, at least once perhaps.

My son and I are planning on a range day next Friday.  Figured I'd get in some practice with the P365, particularly out to 25 yards to see how I do.  This would be before the competition.  I'll have the G22 with me in case I can't use the P365.  

I know we've got some here that compete.  Thoughts welcome.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I like using my carry guns in competition. Sure, I will never win anything, but I'm also not the best shooter out there.

Yet, at the two matches where we had everyone use their carry guns, I come in 2nd and 4th place because I practice with my carry guns a lot in the competitions.
We always have a few that shoot their compact carry guns at matches. I usually run a G17 unless it's a BUG match, but the skills transfer very easily.
The 365 is more than up to the task as long as you can do your part. Just have fun and do your best
Looking forward to it.  It's in the evening so it should be (hopefully) kinda-sorta cool...maybe.  But should be pleasant.  From what I understand it has three main stages and a 90 round course of fire?  I'll know more when I see it first hand of course.

A BUG match would be a lot of fun.  See what I can do with the LCP.

(10-28-2019, 12:36 PM)David Wrote: Looking forward to it.  It's in the evening so it should be (hopefully) kinda-sorta cool...maybe.  But should be pleasant.  From what I understand it has three main stages and a 90 round course of fire?  I'll know more when I see it first hand of course.

A BUG match would be a lot of fun.  See what I can do with the LCP.

I had to chuckle, 'kinda-sorta cool'. Halloween we have a foretasted high of 39 and a low of 27, it might be kind of sort warm, maybe here, depends if we get the winds they are talking about.   Tongue
funny post

Yeah, by 'kinda sorta cool' I'm hoping it dips down into the high 70's or low 80's with a breeze and no bugs.

Our forecast for tomorrow:

Drizzle, snow, and freezing drizzle likely before 2pm, then a chance of sprinkles and flurries after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Must - not - buy - 9x18 pistol!!!! Bob 4 466 02-07-2019, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Solid copper pistol Bullets, hollow points. Rifleman 84 5 651 01-14-2019, 02:40 AM
  Mossberg Announces the New MC1sc Subcompact 9mm Pistol bmyers 7 664 01-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread Bob 63 9,485 12-22-2018, 01:47 PM
Last Post: David
  Pistol Braces Under Fire Ronin.45 7 1,036 10-31-2018, 10:29 PM
  Semi-auto pistol vs. revolver David 22 4,141 09-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  AR Pistol Build Bob 8 1,957 01-28-2018, 04:55 PM
  300 Blackout AR Pistol Update. TN.Frank 0 628 01-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
Thumbs Up Pocket pistol range report David 9 3,114 12-25-2017, 01:45 PM