Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Gun on the Run
Some recent threads about get-home-bags/bug-out-bags have me thinking about what gun I'd want with me. 
I have some really tricked out guns, but the one I would grab if I had to be on the move isn't one of them. If I'm thinking realistically, and being under the radar is still a priority, my Glock 17 is the obvious choice. It can be concealed easily while still being useful at moderate distance. I'm 100% familiar with it after 17 years and 70,000rds. Obviously gives up range to a long gun, but hitting at 50 yards is easy and 100 yards is doable. A few extra mags on the belt is comfortable and a couple more in my shoulder bag won't weigh me down.
 What would you folks pick for your discreet get-home gun? Something you currently own of course.
Indeed. If Stuff is serious, serious gun for ALL occasions.

Full size H&K USP 9mm w/ TLR1
What I’m likely to have on me is the 365 with spare mag on belt and spare mag in the sling bag. However, if I knew a situation was kicking off I would prefer my G26. I have more G17 and G19 mags for it overall. Still concealable yet more of a shtf go-to pistol than the 365.

The 365 is a CCW pistol, the G26 is more towards a combat pistol.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
My G19 is what I would grab if I knew something was going to go wrong.

Which gun I will most likely have on me if something goes wrong, probability is G26. The nice thing, my EDC and GHB is setup to support the Glock platform so either gun is usable in worst case scenario.
If serious SHTF I'm going to dress for the gun, instead of gun for the dress.
(10-20-2019, 02:49 PM)Bob Wrote: If serious SHTF I'm going to dress for the gun, instead of gun for the dress.

Agreed... not worried about discreet at that point.... Letting it be seen may prevent more trouble
So it would be my normal carry G20 and maybe the short 12g maverick I keep in the truck too.
As I stated, in most non-end-of-the-world situations, a concealable handgun would be preferable. If we are going full SHTF, I'll have a long gun for sure.
What is with me on a daily basis is a G23-- though this may change in the next year or so. It is concealable enough and 2 spare mags with +2 floor plates gives me an extra 30 rounds. This and my GHB would get me home. I have no bug-out plans (do I hear audible gasps?) as bugging out without a location to bug too is counter productive. Once home I would keep my G22 at hand.
If the situation occurs while I am in or near the vehicle, and it’s a true no-holds-barred shift scenario I have the Mossy 500 in the vehicle. It has 18 shells of 00 buck and slug in and on the shotgun. Also have a SG belt that holds 25 shells of 00 buck. Occasionally I will have my Sub 2K in the vehicle with three 17 round mags.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The difference between say an LCP, my PPS, and the USP is not are they concealable, but how well can they be concealed.

Most days I'd say more concealable is better. But on a bad day, I'd settle for less. In this thread - I'm "On the run" and I get one gun. Full size USP.