Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home FAK container(s)
I'm looking to consolidate my home FAK into one-to-three tackle box type containers.  One for normal boo-boos, one that is more of a trauma kit and perhaps another.  Thinking about going to HFT next week to see what they've got that may work inexpensively.

Anyone use some type of set up like that for the home or even a vehicle?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Ammo boxes work great. They are water proof and tough. Understand that they don't have all the nice little divided compartments, which if you want that, a good tackle box will do.

One thing we have done is buy the small plastic containers that you will use in a tackle box and placed them in the ammo box to divide up small items ot to isolate items we were afraid would get smashed.

I have several ammo boxes setup with first aid supplies. Even have one setup for the dog and the dog has her own bug out bag.
Ammo box is a great idea, I have several not in use at the moment. Thanks for the idea Smile

I join in the thanks. I have two 30 cal plastic cans not being used.
You can either label them with stickers or if they are metal cans, paint them to make it for quick ID of them when needed.

It is important to ID the cans because in an emergency you would hate to show up at the scene with 500 rounds of 9mm verses gauze and 4x4s. Yes, that is experience speaking there (short story, sent a guy to grab my can out of the SUV, forgot that I had two cans in there, he shows up with the can I break it open and there is 500 rounds of 9mm, I think the victim was afraid he was getting ready to be treated like a horse with a broken leg).
Smile 
That was funny!  Big Grin

I use plastic ammo cans from Harbor Freight. Usually on sale for $3-4 they are the size of 30 cal cans. I've found them to be useful for FAKs.

[Image: tTzdScv.jpg]
IIRC  Bass pro/Cabela's/Sportsman Guide had trays to fit inside ammo cans. I believe they were for the 50 cal or the "Fat 50".  Might stop a mess inside.  Layer going down as boo-boo's/ bad owies/serious/CALL911.

Just an idea.