Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Crash
Not sure where to put this but since I administered first aid to myself I thought I would throw it up here.

Am recovering from a bicycle crash from a week ago.  Was out on my regular 30 mile circuit after a rain. Came around a corner and hit a patch of mud. Wheels went out from under me and I went down on my left side on the cement. OUCH!  Fortunately I didn't break anything like the last time, but got banged up pretty good. Skinned my left knee, shoulder, both hands and my face on the left side. Sprained both wrists and badly bruised my right shin and elbow (the one I broke the last time.  My left shoulder is still pretty sore. Haven't been able to work out or do much around the house.

I was carrying a FAK and water with me and managed to clean and bandage the wounds before finishing my ride. Could hardly move the next day however. Being 64 sucks*, much harder to recover these days.

Bottom line, gauze and vet (stretchy, clingy) tape is a good thing to have with you.

*but it beats the alternative
Take it slow and feel better.

Being 64 may suck, but getting mail via the groundhog is much worse as you stated
Get well soon!
Sounds like that crash would be hard on anyone, regardless of age. Coband is very nice and useful. Plus you can get it on Amazon or Walmart relatively cheap. Heal quickly.
(07-24-2019, 10:11 AM)bmyers Wrote: Sounds like that crash would be hard on anyone, regardless of age. Coband is very nice and useful. Plus you can get it on Amazon or Walmart relatively cheap. Heal quickly.

Had forgotten what it's called. I bought a couple dozen rolls (different colors) off of Amazon a couple years ago to stash in my kits. It's good stuff.

But yeah, I'm moving kind of slow but getting better every day.
Sorry to hear that Mac. Glad you were able to get home alright. Take it easy and heal up buddy.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Well it's been a week since the crash. The scrapes are scabbed over and all the bumps and bruises are green and purple. I can now raise my arm above my shoulder though it is still pretty sore. Needless to say I haven't been riding my bike but I did walk to the gym to do some stretching and light weights yesterday.

Driving to Indiana tomorrow to visit the factory that makes pre fab houses to put on my hunting property and then up to western Michigan (Grand Rapids) to visit my son for the weekend. Hopefully back to the gym next week.
Enjoy the trip Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.