Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training

Patriot Nurse saying it like it is...
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I'm not worried about someone with a ton of ammo, it's if that ammo isn't a rotating stock that bothers me. I know plenty of shooters who have 10-20-30k rounds on hand, but it's constantly used and replenished. We've had threads on here before about people who own guns and people who know how to use them. Just like most prepping tools, you don't want to be figuring it out when you really need it
So where does one go to get reactive/defensive training around here/locally?

Ok, other than target practice I have zero firearms training but I don't have any of the "cool gadgets" she speaks of and sorry, I'm am not getting off my "stockpile", I don't care how cute she is...
(07-16-2019, 04:30 AM)Gene Wrote: So where does one go to get reactive/defensive training around here/locally?

Ok, other than target practice I have zero firearms training but I don't have any of the "cool gadgets" she speaks of and sorry, I'm am not getting off my "stockpile", I don't care how cute she is...

I don't know where you're at Gene, but look into local competition. There's no better way to really learn how to shoot. Even small local matches will let you shoot in varied, challenging scenarios that are way better than static practice.
Also Gene, I hear the Manatee gun range is a good one.  Probably have competitions and training classes available there.  Probably reasonably priced as well.

I have casually attempted to find some three gun around here. Failed miserably....that said I did not try that hard.
Wyoming Antelope Club is one possible source.

Been to WAC once. Not ever going back. But that was a long time ago. Perhaps they have changed attitudes now. I find it hard too believe they would do USPSA there.
A buddy does some type of comps on Thursdays. Don't know the particulars but maybe worth a call? I haven't been out there in years either, not since our agency range opened up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USCCA Offers Free Training To Protect Houses Of Worship bmyers 0 325 11-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Simulator training bmyers 1 669 04-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Last Post: David
  Spring training Ronin.45 8 3,829 07-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Ronin.45
  Malfunction training David 0 1,094 09-21-2015, 08:32 PM
  Training & Practice Ronin.45 11 8,271 07-21-2015, 09:56 PM