Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI Qualification
We ran the new FBI qualifier tonight for our weekly match. It's 10 strings of fire with 50 total rounds and an overall par time of 63sec. It's also the monthly challenge over on Glocktalk.
Other than one person that went 0.16sec over par on a string and another that accidentally released their magazine when switching to left hand, all of us were more than qualified to attend Quantico ?.
I was well under par on all strings(35.91sec total) and all shots were well within the FBI targets dimensions. Probably went too slow on some strings because I was getting tiny groups in the center instead of using the whole area allotted. I need to push a little more and not focus so much on accuracy.
I'll try to post a pic of my target, but that hasn't been working lately.
[Image: IMG_20190615_181921.jpg]
Looks like good shooting !

I had County training which was similar, ( nassau cty with force of 3000+ back in day, now about 2500 )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassau_Cou...Department
What was the distance?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
starts close and moves out per stage ( if that's like remembered )
That's how are qual goes, starts a 1.5 yards, 3, 7, 15 then 25 yards.  Includes multiple reloads.  Then we have SG standing and kneeling at 15 yards then elevated about about 25-30 yards.

Nice shooting Ronin.

Yes, this starts at 3 yards then 5, 7, 15, and 25. The toughest par time is at 3 yards with 6sec to draw, shoot 3 strong hand, transition and shoot 3 weak hand. 
I was able to keep all shots inside the -0 ring until 25 yards where I pulled 3 of 8 a little low.
(06-16-2019, 05:34 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: Yes, this starts at 3 yards then 5, 7, 15, and 25. The toughest par time is at 3 yards with 6sec to draw, shoot 3 strong hand, transition and shoot 3 weak hand. 
I was able to keep all shots inside the -0 ring until 25 yards where I pulled 3 of 8 a little low.

It's not easy to use the support hand when shooting.  Definitely something to train in, and an education the first time you try.  But good training in case you actually need to use the support hand exclusively.  Same with loading and malfunction training.

(06-16-2019, 05:44 PM)David Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 05:34 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: Yes, this starts at 3 yards then 5, 7, 15, and 25. The toughest par time is at 3 yards with 6sec to draw, shoot 3 strong hand, transition and shoot 3 weak hand. 

It's not easy to use the support hand when shooting.  Definitely something to train in, and an education the first time you try.  But good training in case you actually need to use the support hand exclusively.  Same with loading and malfunction training.

We shoot support hand pretty regularly, but transitioning on the clock is not the easiest thing for some. One person hit the mag release with their weak hand and had to pick it up to finish. They did not make the par time.
Next time I shoot, which should be next Tuesday when I qualify with my 365, I need to do some support-hand shooting to see how I do.  I haven't used that hand for shooting since I broke it a few months ago.  Grip strength 'feel's like it's back but it is still stiff.  Need to see how I do with it.

I'd love to try something like that sometime. I gotta shoot lefty more often....