Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Range
Most of you know that I have some hunting property in northern Michigan.

I set up a small range on it.  I just added the orange knock down Champion targets to it. I can go back 50 yards.  I also have a food plot.  I can move the steel targets to a stand in the food plot where I can shoot out to 170 yards.

The left side is for center fire, the right side is for 22s. The round plates are from shootingtargets7.com as are two of the three silhouettes and the plate on the center fire side.

In case you're interested the first three centerfire targets as from left to right... 3/8", the last one is 5/8". The 3/8" can handle up to 30-06 and the 5/8" can handle up to 50 BMG at 100 yards. Both will also handle 12ga slug/buck. The rimfire side plates are 3/16" which can handle all rimfires and up to 380s.

[Image: z047wIC.jpg]

Right side...

[Image: r6Bk2ho.jpg]

Close up of the 22 side...
[Image: SVoszyT.jpg]

I've since ordered some bowling pin shaped steel targets for the center fire side and a another set (one of each) of Champion knock downs for the 22 side.  Like most other things, it is a work in progress.

Being painted.... Haven't decided whether to hang them or put them on hinges to fall over when hit. They actually come with carriage bolt for the bottom that holds them up to use as a knock over. Bowling pins are 1/4" which can handle up to 45 acp.

[Image: rcHAL2p.jpg]
That is great! I hope to eventually to get my own range setup, but lots of work has to be completed before I get to the point. (Mostly because if I just focus in on the range and nothing else, I won't do the other work, will be to busy playing.)
In case you're wondering it is dug into the side of a hill. I took the dirt from the front and piled it on the top of the back. It has since grown over pretty much. I intend to widen it out to the left eventually.

Here's a bit wider angle shot...

[Image: 8jpfZ2Q.jpg]
So when do we get our invite?   Big Grin
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(06-14-2019, 03:07 PM)David Wrote: So when do we get our invite?   Big Grin

Come on up! It's only about 3 hours north of Detroit.

And....some more targets were delivered from CDNN and shootingtargets7.com

[Image: VKMdw5Q.jpg]
Looks fun. Nothing like plinking on steel for an entertaining afternoon.
(06-14-2019, 12:50 PM)bmyers Wrote: That is great! I hope to eventually to get my own range setup, but lots of work has to be completed before I get to the point. (Mostly because if I just focus in on the range and nothing else, I won't do the other work, will be to busy playing.)

The one nice thing about steel is that once you set it up you don't have to patch or replace targets.  Just spray it once in awhile with paint. It's kind of a permanent setup. I cover the whole thing with a tarp when I'm not there. 

I usually cut wood all day and then shoot in the evening after dinner. There is no internet and intermittent cell coverage up there so there's not much else to do although wrestling a chainsaw all day makes my hands and forearms cramp up and ache.
It's not Hancock45 - but I'd shoot there!
ways to make others jealous; see above !
(06-16-2019, 01:31 PM)Tom Mac Wrote: ways to make others jealous; see above !

This Big Grin 

Nothing like shooting steel for that immediate feedback...and satisfaction!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Took the 48 and 43X to the range bmyers 3 212 04-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Disappointing range trip with the G43X bmyers 2 208 04-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Fun day at the range bmyers 6 1,681 10-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up Pocket pistol range report David 9 2,908 12-25-2017, 01:45 PM
  Practicing at the range with the wife bmyers 4 2,108 07-31-2017, 11:57 PM