Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mossberg Shockwave
Picked up my Shockwave on Saturday. Haven't shot it yet but I have shot my son's.  Not as difficult to point and shoot as it might seem.  Videos on youtube show it being shot from eye level like a regular shotgun. I found it fairly easy to point from a chest high position.

Anyway,  it will become my new truck gun and will replace my 18" bbl Mossberg 500 which I've been carrying behind the rear seat in my truck.  It is considerably smaller as shown below.   Going to have to figure out a way to carry extra ammo with it.  I have a buttstock pouch with my 500, but the SW doesn't have a stock.  Probably will buy or make a side saddle to mount on the receiver. Probably will add a sling as well.

[Image: gX5vqqb.jpg]

It fits in tennis racket case

[Image: lskuJEs.jpg]

I'm thinking of buying a double racket case so I can carry it and my Keltec SU16 (which folds in half).  Would be covered for just about everything. Actually both fit in this case but they would bang together without separation.

[Image: Wamive5.jpg]
The SW does make a much smaller package and the tennis racket case is a good idea.  Very 'grey man' if you ever had to take it with you on foot, yet accessible enough for many uses.  The side saddle is probably your best bet.  I have the 4+2 holders that use the industrial grade hook and loop on the side of the receiver.  Strong enough to hold it firm yet you can take it off if/when needed.  And/or a bandolier shell holder.  I got one, actually a belt, off Ebay that holds 25 shells and it was inexpensive.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Been fooling around with leather...

Made a leather hand strap...

[Image: M9lS4x5.jpg]

Then made a leather side saddle held on with straps...

[Image: IMHENld.jpg]
[Image: IcF5PH8.jpg]
[Image: Dr0FUlb.jpg]
[Image: JJhnnbk.jpg]

Just for kicks I made a matching sling...Don't really need the hand strap with a sling but oh well.

[Image: rWOGZHm.jpg]
Nice!
Very nice!   Smile

Very nice workmanship. A real asset to the weapon. Cool
Thanks.

I decided to fold over the leather and drill holes in it to carry the shells. It is easier than sewing loops and it looks okay. I've made several rifle stock cuffs using that method. By widening the space of the fold you can add tension to hold the shells tighter. Never seen anyone else do it like that. Wasn't sure it would work with shotgun shells.

[Image: IMHENld.jpg]

30-30 Winchester
[Image: 53SDe1Z.jpg]

Marlin 44 mag- I carried this rifle deer hunting last year and the shells stayed tight in the holder
[Image: z2w0ohR.jpg]

Win Mod 70 bolt action in 308
[Image: foG6Wdj.jpg]
Very nice!

I still say that
1. While I CAN shoot a 12g like that, I choose not to. I'm 6'2" and #250 and have shot my whole life.
2. A 20g would be excellent for that!
IIRC, they do make a SW in 20g.

(05-17-2019, 12:31 PM)David Wrote: IIRC, they do make a SW in 20g.

I was going to get one in 20 ga since my son already had the 12 ga one. 20 ga slugs and buck is just so much more expensive than 12 ga I decided on the 12. Am now looking to swap out the plastic for wood furniture. I have a couple old wood forearms and stocks I could cut down.

BTW, they also make it in .410

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mossberg Announces the New MC1sc Subcompact 9mm Pistol bmyers 7 468 01-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: bmyers
Question Mossberg shotgun question David 2 1,616 11-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: David