Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a Fire With AA batteries And a Bubble Gum Wrapper and other ways
Take a bubble gum wrapper that has some metallic material on it. Cut it into strips about less than a quarter of an inch. 

Put the metallic side on both ends of the battery and hold on the best you can. 

When you see the paper start to burn get another strip ready to catch an ember on the hot area.

This is a pretty cool idea since the items used are pretty common. If not gum then the metallic "fresh keeping" paper on a pack if cigarettes does the same thing. And the batteries can come from a flashlight or other camping gear.
9 volt and 0000 steel wool kicks butt too! Roll it out and simply touch the terminals!
"As a matter of Survival, ALL. CREATURES ARE FAIR GAME!"

Les Stroud Big Grin

Special snowflakes will be melted and consumed...I need to stay hydrated!

Big Grin
(09-09-2016, 07:50 PM)Glockzilla10mm Wrote: 9 volt and 0000 steel wool kicks butt too! Roll it out and simply touch the terminals!

Ayep, done it and it works quite well  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(09-10-2016, 12:17 AM):DDavid Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 07:50 PM)Glockzilla10mm Wrote: 9 volt and 0000 steel wool kicks butt too! Roll it out and simply touch the terminals!

Ayep, done it and it works quite well  Smile

A little too well if yer being a dummy and not watching what's in yer pack, pocket etc rofl

Anybody know a good source for potassium permangenate and glycerin. Don't wanna melt rocks or nothing, but I've got CP, cold and hypothermia increase muscle spasms and pain, stiffness...bad survival combo...may need quick and really hot for damp kindling and say 2 inch wood.

This will probably become my favorite section of SEP. I am not playing thread hijacker, and I apologize if this offended y'all.

I love this 1000 ways to make a fire from anything stuff!

Les Stroud Big Grin

Big Grin
I thought I had a thread somewhere on Potassium Permanganate but I guess I don't.  So here's as good a spot as any  Smile

You can get 5 lbs of PP at Lowes or Home Depot (cheaper at Lowes) or you can get small 'survival' sized containers off of Ebay.  For glycerin simply get the cheapest anti-freeze you can find that has that as a main ingredient.  It works, I've tested it in the backyard.  Put the two together and back up and give it a moment to do it's thing.  I put them in old plastic supplement bottles and keep them in the GHB.  

You can also make your own fatwood;

@JRSC, I added a bit to the title to reflect the direction of the thread.  Hope that's okay with ya  Wink

Anything that will enhance the thread is ok with me!
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
as an interesting piece of information, PP and Glycerine burns pretty darn hot. Hot enough to ignite Magnesium, if you ever had a reason to cut through steel.

I worked in the chem lab in highschool and one of the other guys was a bit of a pyro. PP and g with magnesium on top got hot enough to shatter a ceramic crucible
(09-10-2016, 07:04 PM)ric0123 Wrote: as an interesting piece of information,  PP and Glycerine burns pretty darn hot.  Hot enough to ignite Magnesium, if you ever had a reason  to cut through steel.

I worked in the chem lab in highschool and one of the other guys was a bit of a pyro.  PP and g with magnesium on top got hot enough to shatter a ceramic crucible

Holy SHEEP! Thanks dudes! That'll work!! Got a block of magnesium off eBay bout half the size of a brick from Gallium Source about $30...they also have huge hunks of ferro cerium like the ones used on drag racing cars to produce all the sparks!!

Les Stroud Big Grin

Big Grin
Seen a vid on YouTube where a guy split a log four ways about half way down, stuffed the fixins and tinder loosely in the split and lit the thing while it was standing up. Gave access to the center dry wood instantly, but I'd still want something hot as all hades anyway, and magnesium burns at 5000 degrees.

Les Stroud Big Grin

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire piston and how to use it. ghost 3 244 01-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: bmyers
Smile Demonstrating fire making methods David 7 613 12-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: David
Information Fire Lay 101 JRSC 1 894 12-18-2017, 12:36 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  How many ways do you need? bmyers 13 2,464 09-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Last Post: David
Question Fire kit David 7 1,669 09-05-2017, 07:50 PM