Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunch with Mr. Walther
I took my PPS to the range earlier this week.  I work about 3 miles from a Shoot Straight. As my carry choice, I like to keep the skill up.  Shorter barrel is shorter, skinny and what not that I generally don't shoot/prefer.

Performance at ~ 5yds

[Image: IMG_3136_zpsy93umhxy.jpg]

That was like 38 rounds not too fast, but not slow.  Lets call it casually fast. Anything outside the 9 ring was due to the 44mag being shot in the stall next to me.

Some learning points

#1 Horrible batch of failure to eject with Winchester USA Forged 115g Steel Case.  Worried me to death!!!!  Every mag, multiple failures.  Accuracy crap...

#2 WWB 115g - smooth sailing!  That's what the pic is of. Whew...

And I have probably ran 100 Hornady critical defense through it without a burp. I also am very very comfortable with the lower trigger guard mag release, being an HK fanboy.
Nice shooting. Good to hear it preforms perfectly with your carry ammo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having range ammo issues. I have some Freedom ammo that is a little out spec and keeps hanging up on occasion. About every 15th round is out of spec just a little.
I had quite a bit of Freedom Munitions that had poorly seated primers. Let's just say that I got pretty good at clearing malfunctions during matches.
After the 4th FTE and I realized it was the ammo, doing clear drills is exactly what I did. Rack/tap was not the solution. Had to drop mag and re-insert, thus my "like the trigger guard release" comment!

(03-30-2019, 01:50 PM)bmyers Wrote: Nice shooting. 

Thank you but I am not happy with that at all!  However - it would have been pretty effective, so I'll take it.
PPS is a nice single-stack 9mm. Quality CCW carry choice Bob.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(03-30-2019, 08:52 PM)David Wrote: PPS is a nice single-stack 9mm.  Quality CCW carry choice Bob.

Remember - I spent a whole $250 on it too!

I had the gun and my passport in the car - I felt like James Bond.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walther PPX David 9 1,684 07-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: David
  Walther PPQ M2 David 20 7,448 09-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Last Post: David