Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G43X
(07-06-2019, 04:45 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I never understood the fanboy mentality. Why would anyone buy only one manufacturer? No company makes the best gun in every category. I can see buying the 365 and loving it. It's probably the best little 9mm out right now. However, selling all your perfectly good Glocks to buy more Sigs doesn't make sense. Sig doesn't even make anything competitive with regular Glocks. The 320 is a decent gun, but not up to Glock standards. Shopping from every companies offerings gives you the ability to pick the best in any gun category you need.

I can answer the 'buy from one company' reason, at least for me. All my double stack Glocks work int he same holsters. All my single stack Glocks work in the same holsters. I have two holster described for lights and two holster that closed bottom that my longer Glocks don't work in. 

For me, it has saved me money in buying holsters and magazine carries. Since I have standardized, I don't have all the extras. 

Realize I still have guns from other manufactures, S&W, Charter Arms, Ruger, but I don't have holsters and such for all those guns (I have some generic fit all gun type holsters for these). 

That is why I have standardized on my carry gun selection.
(07-08-2019, 10:14 AM)bmyers Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 04:45 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I never understood the fanboy mentality. Why would anyone buy only one manufacturer? No company makes the best gun in every category. I can see buying the 365 and loving it. It's probably the best little 9mm out right now. However, selling all your perfectly good Glocks to buy more Sigs doesn't make sense. Sig doesn't even make anything competitive with regular Glocks. The 320 is a decent gun, but not up to Glock standards. Shopping from every companies offerings gives you the ability to pick the best in any gun category you need.

I can answer the 'buy from one company' reason, at least for me. All my double stack Glocks work int he same holsters. All my single stack Glocks work in the same holsters. I have two holster described for lights and two holster that closed bottom that my longer Glocks don't work in. 

For me, it has saved me money in buying holsters and magazine carries. Since I have standardized, I don't have all the extras. 

Realize I still have guns from other manufactures, S&W, Charter Arms, Ruger, but I don't have holsters and such for all those guns (I have some generic fit all gun type holsters for these). 

But you didn't sell off all your other guns. So you aren't a fanboy as much as frugal.
(07-08-2019, 09:34 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote:

But you didn't sell off all your other guns. So you aren't a fanboy as much as frugal.

You are correct. I have sold a few guns, but they are ones that I wasn't using and didn't have a plan to use them. I have kept guns that I think serve a purpose (i.e. M&P 22, Ruger SR22). I have some guns that I use to introduce young or new shooters to firearms, I have some that help others understand the differences in firearms. I tell all new shooters, find a firearm that works for you. If you come back to me and tell me there are none out there, either a) you don't know what you need or b) you didn't bother to actually look. There are many high quality firearms out there, which is actually a nice time to be alive considering all the choices one has for firearms. 

Is there one gun to meet every need perfectly? No, but there is the Glock 19 (of course I had to throw in a Glock joke).

I hadn't considered the 'extras' but you're right.  I have a bunch of extra holsters and mag holders as well as odds and ends from and for pistols I no longer own.  Although I've made some very good deals over the last 2-3 years I probably only broke even overall.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The extras can tie up a lot of money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disappointing range trip with the G43X bmyers 2 183 04-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  New mag coming for the G43X/48 bmyers 2 163 03-31-2019, 09:39 PM
Last Post: bmyers