Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warfbow?
What kind of power (#s) do you get from a set of those Axioms recurve limbs?
(03-12-2019, 12:53 PM)mac66 Wrote: What kind of power (#s) do you get from a set of those Axioms recurve limbs?

I bet there are 25 or more ILF limb manufacturers made everywhere almost around the globe from cheap to a thousand bucks a set. They are made by Border archery, Win&win, Samick, Hoyt, SF, and on and on. They can be ordered in three lengths and are the same limbs You see Olympic archers shooting. Many choices and varieties.  Velocity and power can be had with lower poundages on limbs of higher quality. Most of the better limbs are carbon backed for weight reduction. Less mass weight, more performance. The Axiom is a cheap limb but cheap limbs will work to kill meat too. Google Lancaster archery and look at the myriad of limbs available. You can get 180 fps easily under 50 pounds depending on the arrow weight you shoot. I stay 10 grains of arrow weight for every pound of bow weight to hunt with.
Hey warf51 check you pm if you get a chance.
Well I checked the old compound bows that I have.. Bear Whitetail Hunter, Bear Polar II, PSE (unk model since the limbs are painted over) Martin Ted Nugent Autograph model, not sure what specific model since it's up at my cabin. I may have another one I gave/lent to my son.

The PSE looks like it may have possibilities, the limb pockets look similar to those on the warfbow webpage/facebook page.
Well, the crossbow is set up. The old barebow is set up. My first take down barebow has been ordered. I have a compound bow with some accessories that I have never used and probably never will.

I have been practicing with my home made butter bow. Waiting or the take down to come in and then I will have an instructor work with me.
(03-13-2019, 02:28 AM)bdcochran Wrote: Well, the crossbow is set up.  The old barebow is set up.  My first take down barebow has been ordered.  I have a compound bow with some accessories that I have never used and probably never will.  

I have been practicing with my home made butter bow.  Waiting or the take down to come in and then I will have an instructor work with me.

I have some knowledge in that. I use a shot sequence and shoot three under. I draw and hold long enough to aim and use a dynamic release. Snap shooting is a bad habit that ingrains bad things. I prefer to shoot a controlled deliberate shot. How do you shoot? A few of my friends including John Demmer a Champion archer. https://youtu.be/vSQ16Y8zz4U
Short ILF limbs make a 62 bow and meds a 64 while longs make a 66. Here is how you measure. Between the limb bolts measure the distance inside to inside. If they are 16, add 5 inches because limb butts are 2 1/2 inches long. That means you have a 21 inch riser. Same measurement on any riser to get the length.

Short limbs, 42 inches total, meaning each limb is 21 long. So 42+21=63 So deduct 1 inch because from the limb tips down to the string nocks on the limb tips it is 1/2 inch on each end yielding a 62-inch bow. If you measure with the limbs attached to the tips, you need a 58-inch string, 4 inches shorter than overall length. If you measure to the nocks, 3 inches less which is AMO std.

Do NOT run the limb bolts down hard on the riser. Pop them in and unstrung, run them both down just snug, then back them out 1/2 turn and string and measure your tiller.

If you shoot three under, adjust them even and for split, adjust the top limb 1/4 positive or looser depending on your inputs and bare shafting result for arrow entry.

Never back your limbs off more than 5 turns on any ILF riser from snug.
(03-13-2019, 07:45 PM)Warf51 Wrote: Short ILF limbs make a 62 bow and meds a 64 while longs make a 66. Here is how you measure. Between the limb bolts measure the distance inside to inside. If they are 16, add 5 inches because limb butts are 2 1/2 inches long. That means you have a 21 inch riser. Same measurement on any riser to get the length.

Short limbs, 42 inches total, meaning each limb is 21 long. So 42+21=63 So deduct 1 inch because from the limb tips down to the string nocks on the limb tips it is 1/2 inch on each end yielding a 62-inch bow. If you measure with the limbs attached to the tips, you need a 58-inch string, 4 inches shorter than overall length. If you measure to the nocks, 3 inches less which is AMO std.

Do NOT run the limb bolts down hard on the riser. Pop them in and unstrung, run them both down just snug, then back them out 1/2 turn and string and measure your tiller.

If you shoot three under, adjust them even and for split, adjust the top limb 1/4 positive or looser depending on your inputs and bare shafting result for arrow entry.

Never back your limbs off more than 5 turns on any ILF riser from snug.
Good to know
I have a channel, please like and subscribe for more coming. https://youtu.be/ZGGq-J5nFKU