Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warfbow?
A WarfBow begins from an old Compound Riser that is converted to International Limb Fitting. There are many different ILF limbs available which are precision limbs used by Olympic Shooters all over the world. The Warf Riser is an economical alternative to other high cost ILF capable risers on the market and is very popular for hunting and shooting 3D Competitions. Glad you are here and hope you will soon find the ideal Riser for your ILF Conversion. 

Here is a short list of risers that are good Candidates;

Bear black bear (by far most popular) the rest are in no particular order...
Hoyt Gamegetter (old compound)
Hoyt rambo
Hoyt spectra
Ram hunter (hoyt/easton)
Hoyt Pro Vantage
Jennings Black Lightning,
Proline Typhoon,
Hoyt Gamegetter II (old compound)
Hoyt td3
Hoyt raider
Quinn Stallion (needs machine work to change the pocket angles)
Hoyt Tracker and variants.
Some of the old PSE risers (pockets must be milled to a friendly geometry)
There are several more out there that are warfable,,I have done several wood risers also.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What???
(03-11-2019, 12:36 PM)mac66 Wrote: What???

The best Bow for survival is a recurve or longbow and the warf bow is cheap and easy to make on your own. It converts to ILF which gives weight and tiller adjustment.

Fire
Knife
Bow

Ancient Man. Otzi, ever heard of him? Bow is silent, can make arrows from cane or dogwood shoots and many other sources. One spool of Bow string will last for years.

One can also make a cheap recurve by bolting Samick sage or journey limbs on an old compound riser for a good takedown bow. Lancaster archery sells the limbs cheap.
Okay. I am interested but am confused what an ILF is and how it relates to a long/recurve What exactly is a warfbow?

Ok, I interested but I still don't understand what is a ILF or what a warfbow is?

Is it using compound bow risers on a recurve or the other way around? What am I missing?
ILF stands for International Limb Fitting
Limbs made to the ILF specifications fit any riser designed to accept ILF limbs.

For those of you who are new to this, the “riser” is the center section of the bow that has the handle on it. The vast majority of Olympic style take-down recurve bows on the market are designed using the ILF standard. Many take-down traditional bows also follow the ILF standard. This means that you could buy an ILF riser made by brand “A” and ILF limbs made by brand “B” and the two should connect and disconnect with ease.

WNS Axiom-a Recurve Limbs
(2)
Regular Price: $89.99

Special Price: $74.99
(03-11-2019, 11:02 PM)Warf51 Wrote: ILF stands for International Limb Fitting
Limbs made to the ILF specifications fit any riser designed to accept ILF limbs.

For those of you who are new to this, the “riser” is the center section of the bow that has the handle on it. The vast majority of Olympic style take-down recurve bows on the market are designed using the ILF standard. Many take-down traditional bows also follow the ILF standard. This means that you could buy an ILF riser made by brand “A” and ILF limbs made by brand “B” and the two should connect and disconnect with ease.

(2)
Regular Price: $89.99

Special Price: $74.99

So a warfbow is compound bow converted into a recurve bow. Okay, makes sense now. Very clever. Thanks for the info. Going to have to look into it since I have a bunch of old compound bows lying around including a Bear/Black Bear I think. Been wanting a recurve for awhile.
Yes, I have converted more than a thousand of them and sold them all over the world from Progue to Australia. I wrote a column for an Australian Archery Magazine for years and have sent many of them to down under.

I mill the dovetails right into the floors of the BB riser. Those ILF limbs will take non-stretch material like X or D-97 etc.

I make flemish strings too. I am out of the business but would machine you your first BB you pay shipping. Maybe we could work out a trade for my support of this site.

Last Elk I killed was Colorado 2010 with a 44-pound warf Bb riser and medium limbs which make a 64-inch bow and a single blade Zwickey 550 grain Max 4 Beeman arrow.

I have nothing against compounds but they are harder to maintain in an SHTF situation. A good archer can get his food and use it for self-defense if you run out of ammo or, you know what happens when you shoot a firearm, the report may be heard by a gang of thugs and come find you.
I would like to see some pictures of the bows if you have any. I shoot long bow recurves and I would be interested in this

Are you Bob
(03-12-2019, 04:21 AM)ghost Wrote: I would like to see some pictures of the bows if you have any. I shoot long bow recurves and I would be interested in this

Are you Bob

Here is a Bear BlackBear warf.

ILF specs of the limb butt.

Riser pocket of a BB riser to ILF before paint.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like that may have to build me one up.