Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constitutional, Open and Concealed Carry
(03-12-2019, 10:12 AM)bmyers Wrote: I think that is one of the truly frustrating parts of all the gun control laws, they only affect the law abiding citizens and do nothing about the criminals. Criminals careless how many laws we have, the more the better because it makes their lives easier.

Because those that push the gun-control agenda aren't interested in criminal-control, they are interested in eventually disarming the population.  We all know why and what will happen if they truly become draconian nation-wide.  

As far as open carry, I may on occasion if given the opportunity.  I carry openly all the time on-duty of course and have done so in street-clothes but with my badge on my belt on certain occasions.  So I'm use to it and don't give it a second thought.  Yankee Marshal on YT talks about a group he belongs to called the 2nd on the 2nd or something to that effect.  I guess it is in all the states that have open carry.  Basically they make a point to open carry on the second of each month, even if they don't normally carry that way, to promote the 2nd Amendment and educate other citizens.  Some have cards or pamphlets with information on gun facts and rights to educate as they go about their day.  I can get behind that.  There is a difference between a jackass walking around to get attention or force an issue and a sincere citizen exercising a Constitutional right and wishing to set and example while educating his/her fellow citizen.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
You know - if .Fed had not co-opted part of the constitution....none of this would be an issue. Pick a state where you like the laws, be aware of others.

Yeah - One gun law over all would be good...."Shall not be infringed..."

But that really only applies to the Feds. A State SHOULD be allowed to allow whatever they choose or don't. But the problem comes when you allow the feds to give it, they can also take it away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida considering Constitutional Carry Bill David 6 305 10-08-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Drawing from concealed appendix. Warf51 8 779 05-18-2019, 01:15 PM
Last Post: David
  U.S. appeals court says 2nd Amendment allows the open carrying of guns David 3 1,093 07-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Bob
  BREAKING: District of Columbia’s “May Issue” Carry Law Struck Down bmyers 6 2,886 10-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bmyers