Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constitutional, Open and Concealed Carry
Some things happening in various states:

KENTUCKY LAWMAKERS APPROVE NRA-BACKED CONCEALED CARRY BILL

Kentucky Passes Constitutional Carry!

OKLAHOMA ENACTS CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY LAW
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Illinois: Protests Growing Against Gun Control

I think ever adult has a right to keep and bear arms unless you are a convicted felon. You shouldn't need to get/obtain permission from the gov't to exercise your constitutional rights.

Constitutional carry was on the horizon for Michigan until we elected a DemocRat as Governor. Now we'll have to wait a few more years.
I OC in NC,my .5 ccws a .41mag S/W.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
I never open carry but I think everyone should be allowed to do so and I like it when others do. I think it is a fundamental right to do so but it is gonna draw LEO attention to you if you have an AK or AR or strapped across your shoulder rifle or shotgun so have an ID on you to avoid BS.

I wish everybody Law abiding had a pistol on them all the time and that gun free zones were all eliminated. If everyone had a gun, the shootings in Gun free zones would become extinct after a bunch of Goblins got shot dead right there.

I assume everyone is already armed anyway. Go to Red Lobster and they arm everyone with a nice sharp serrated steak knife.

It would be a dream come true to see everyone carrying a gun, it would be so nice and polite and weed out the Bullies.
Florida considers open carry from time to time.  We have some RINO's that side with the left and the mouse to vote against it.  

I want both open and concealed simply because we're supposed to have both i.e. 'to bear arms' doesn't differentiate.  

If open carry became a nationwide thing it would open up the holster industry because then it would become a fashion statement  Wink

Michigan has always had OC but it wasn't until about 10 years ago that the police stopped harassing/arresting OCers. There are parts of the state where it is pretty common to OC. In the northern/more rural part of the state you see OCers all the time. I've OC'd when up at my cabin and have to run into town. Not so much in the Detroit metro area, though I see OCers in stores and gas stations in the 'burbs occasionally. It's actually quite liberating not having to cover up.

But constitutional carry means carrying concealed or openly.
If Illinois lawmakers get their way, Constitutional carry will mean this only:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2...00.jpg&f=1]
South Chicago will still be armed with AK's like they are now and the Crims will still be shooting people. Gun Control is a total fantasy and I say this knowing it is true from 26 years on the road and 4 years working in the Penitentiary.
We should have everything the Police have including full auto. I have not much need for full auto but if things went awry it would come in handy wasting a Gang attacking one freeman's house.
I think that is one of the truly frustrating parts of all the gun control laws, they only affect the law abiding citizens and do nothing about the criminals. Criminals careless how many laws we have, the more the better because it makes their lives easier.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drawing from concealed appendix. Warf51 8 467 05-18-2019, 01:15 PM
Last Post: David
  U.S. appeals court says 2nd Amendment allows the open carrying of guns David 3 900 07-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Bob
  BREAKING: District of Columbia’s “May Issue” Carry Law Struck Down bmyers 6 2,650 10-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bmyers