Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a zoo out there
We went to Walmart because I wanted chocolate chip cookies. We got to Walmart and the parking lot was packed. I hadn't seen it that full even at Christmas time. There was three police cars in parking lot, not sure what they were doing lights going and care with all the doors open. 

Anyway, needed my cookies, so braved on. We walked in the door and people everywhere. We made our way to the cookie aisle and got me my cookies. Wife decided she wanted some chips and hot dogs. So, we wandered through the store only to find everything picked over and lots of empty shelves. Workers were trying to stock the shelves, but people were take items right off the pallets. 

We couldn't figure out why everyone was there?

We checked out and on the way home we were talking about it. Three things lined up. First, everyone just got their government checks, which the stores are usually full. Secondly, it was Madiri Gras, which adds to the increase empty shelves. Finally, there is snow coming. For whatever reason, you must get bread, milk, and eggs, which was all in short supply. 

It is interesting to see how pushy and grabby people were and this wasn't even an emergency or disaster. I hope I never see what a real disaster looks like.
Good example of how people can me even when there aren't stress factors involved.  I don't go downtown when the Bucs or Lightning are playing just because everyone looking for parking or going home are all uptight.  

Pile on an actual emergency and it's a recipe for chaos.  At least for the minority but then one bad apple...
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I go downtown when the Lightning play because I love Hockey!