Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when you think it is over
I was ready to breakout the Spring clothing (Tuesday, we had temps in the mid 50s and was running around in shorts and t-shirt) and instead, had freezing rain on the way to the gym this morning.

Now they are calling for 3-6 inches of snow over the weekend with 15-20 degree below zero windchill Sunday night and Monday. 

Be glad when winter is over. Although, just reminded several neighbors, since winter is coming to an end, it will be time to prepare for thunderstorms and tornadoes. 

Besides switching out winter clothes for some summer clothes in my GHB, there isn't much changing I have to do in the vehicles. I will remove the snow shovels and emergency tire chains from each, but not much else.
I'm sure you've heard of the groundhog in Penn.  We have something similar, if the palm tree sees it's shadow we have 52 more weeks of summer  Big Grin

It has gotten down to around 60 but that's about it.  We may have another front bring cold/cooler temps but I doubt it.  I think our winter is well over.  In fact some of the days have been near 90 already.

Too bad as it doesn't look like we'll have another SEP gathering till the fall.  Maybe a range day though.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Still winter here for at least another month or two. 3 inches of snow recently and temps in the teens.
Have to go clean the pool - I'll get back to this after a dip and a glass of rum!
Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches expected.

Dangerously cold wind chills of 15 to 20 degrees below zero are possible on Sunday night and Monday morning...........

Nice thing, wait a week and we will be wondering what happen to all the cold weather. As the old saying goes about March, in like lion, out like a lamb.
(03-02-2019, 09:18 PM)bmyers Wrote: Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches expected.

Dangerously cold wind chills of 15 to 20 degrees below zero are possible on Sunday night and Monday morning...........

Nice thing, wait a week and we will be wondering what happen to all the cold weather. As the old saying goes about March, in like lion, out like a lamb.

Sometimes that's true. Last year I had a shooting class to teach the last weekend of March. Temp was -7. Warmed all the way up to +8 in the afternoon.
Everyone okay after that bad storm/tornado yesterday?  My prayers go out to those folks.

We survived the snow, just cold now.

Unfortunately, went to urgent care yesterday. Type A flu, pulled muscles in the chest from coughing, so down and out for a few days. At least the temp is down to 100 from over 103 yesterday.
Prayers sent buddy Smile

Thanks, now the wife is at the doctor, looks like she may be blessed with the flu to. Going to be a rough few days around here, but this too shall pass.