Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomson center single shot pistols
The I have been looking into these and I must say the interest me due the fact you can change out the barrels and shoot different calibers. My question is what I or anyone else would use it for, pre SHTF and post-SHTF? Assuming you have this pistol in your inventory, what specific task would you use it for, assuming you have all the other caliber barrels? Next question: what model would you get? The Thomson center Encore. (https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/interchangeable-platforms/encore-pro-hunter/platform). Or the Thomson center G2 Contender. (https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/interchangeable-platforms/g2-contender) I lean towards the contender, due to it’s .30-30 caliber option, but I also like the Encore for it’s .460 S&W caliber option. That leads me to my next question. How good or bad are the ballistics of .30-30 out of the shorter pistol barrel of the Thomson center pistols? The barrel length for the pistols is 12” to 14” inches.
Never fired one.  Seems like it would be a great hunting pistol though.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I have a T/C with 44mag, 223 w/ 22LR adaptor and 45LC-410 barrels for sale/trade if you are interested.

I have a T/C with 44mag, 223 w/ 22LR adaptor and 45LC-410 barrels for sale/trade if you are interested.

Ballistics on the 30-30 out of a Contender largely depends on the load used. From what I gather most people who shoot/handload it use 130 gr bullets at 1800-2000 FPS with the later being in the stout recoil category.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How are you going to handle our Single Payer Health Care system? Bob 7 3,426 07-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Bob