Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off line
I'm going on a cruise starting Monday.  I'll be off line till at least Saturday.   Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Enjoy your trip and be safe!
enjoy... which line ?
( we usu go NCL in Haven from NYC )
pics are required,I'll ban you,jk boss'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
(02-10-2019, 02:14 PM)Tom Mac Wrote: enjoy... which line ?
( we usu go NCL in Haven from NYC )

Carnival. Sails right from Tampa.  About 25 minutes from the house.

(02-10-2019, 05:16 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: pics are required,I'll ban you,jk boss'08.

Smile

If your on a boat, take a fishing rod. Fish the seasick chum line!  Skeet shoot the golf balls the duffers hit from the plastic grass tee's. LOL   Enjoy and have fun.
No pics- it didn't happen. Big Grin
Got back this morning.  I'd give this cruise a solid 'B'.  The company, my son and a friend of the family, was excellent and we all had a great time together.  Food was great.  Comedians were funny.  Water was beautiful.  Few things put a small damper on the trip;  Wednesday night was rough seas.  To the point my buddy was throwing up everything but his shoes and my son wasn't feeling well.  I was unbalanced with an unsettled stomach to the point I had to go up on deck until about 2am then sat on the floor of the cabin to stay upright.  Only time we felt bad on the trip though.  The lousy part was the cabin.  I've been in some small cabins, this was ridiculous not only in size but design.  It had two twin beds and two pull down bunks.  The pull down bunks were directly over the beds.  I was in the bed farthest from the door.  No joke, to get up and use the restroom at night I had to...
  • Get up on one side of the bed only.
  • Walk sideways to the wall.
  • Turn 90 degrees and then lean over at the waist 80 degrees and try to balance myself inching sideways around a beam on the wall while staying under the bunk my son was sleeping in.
  • Reach out and try to grasp the ladder to the bunk to retain balance.
  • Clear the bed and try not to whack my shins on the other bed or my head on the bunk.
  • Do everything in reverse to get back into bed.
It was so stupid and beyond reasonable I actually called Carnival when I returned this morning and lodge a complaint.  I've been on a half dozen cruises with Carnival so have VIPF status. To treat a past cruiser to a room like this pissed me off.  I mean by the second day my back was hurting trying to go through this obstacle course.  

However, other than that we all had a great time and it was good father-son bonding time.  So I'm glad we went.

Also glad to be back home  Smile

Wow,
To old and spoiled to take a small room nowadays... Always get a suite with a king size bed for the bride and I.
Just like I never go camping anymore. Min is a small cabin, no more tents !

Glad to hear you had a great time.
Carnival is supposed to call me back in the next day or two so I'll see how they resolve the complaint.  I'm glad I still have some time left in my vacation to rest up after the cruise though, it does take a lot out of you.  Don't realize it till you get back.

Apples @ crackers help with that.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.