Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UV Paqlite Mule Light
UV Paqlite Mule Light with White LED'S Flashlight Lantern

I've been wanting one of these since I first saw this video.  Thought it was a really excellent idea.  Didn't think they made them anymore as the Mule Light kickstarter website lists them as no longer available.  I saw them on the link above for $19.99 and ordered one.  I made a mistake and ordered the black light version so I called them up and asked them to switch to the white LED version.  They said they would so hopefully I'll receive the correct one.  The UVGloStik you see in the picture and video is the one I've talked about that I've attached to the outside of my EDC Maxpedition Lunada.  

After I ordered it the wife and I were a Lowes doing some shopping and saw these FrogLeggs 160-Lumen LED Miniature Flashlight.  Only $4.97 so I picked a couple up to test out, one in black and one in orange.  I'm going to see if I can attach my original UVGloStik to it like the Mule Light and then see how well each work.  Figure either will be great for the EDC bag.  If/when I'm out walking with the bag at night and want a little more visibility I'll have one or the other attached and simply light it up for a few seconds.  I like how the Mule Light offers the option of coming on every 2 or 4 minutes for a few seconds to continually recharge the UVGloStik as well.  

I'll compare and see which works best with the Lunada.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I received this a few days ago and have been testing it out.  I like it...a lot!  You can turn the light on continuously or you can set it to come on for a few seconds every two or four minutes.  These later options save on battery power and keep the UVGloStik at it's maximum brightness.  I'd say it's well worth the $20 and a great idea if you're out and about at night and want to be seen.  Particularly good for the woods, camping, hiking etc.

The Frogleggs light I got for $5 at Lowes works just as well as far as continuous light.  It lights the UVGloStik up just as bright as the Mule Light.  It doesn't have the momentary on/off that the Mule Light offers.  I simply attached the UVGloStik in front of the LED lights with three rubber bands.  

The Mule Light slides into the molle straps on the side of my Lunada sling bag very nicely.  Almost like it was made for that spot.  This can provide me with enhanced visibility to the rear and to the left of the sling bag.  I have the other UVGloStik still attached to the back of the bag.  The FrogLegg doesn't fit into the molle straps quite as easily, a bit to thick around.  I'd like to see if I can find a thinner LED option to attach the UVGloStik to so that I can attach it to the molle straps on the right side.  That way I've got visibility to the rear and both sides.

I was able to get the FrogLegg light to slide into the molle straps on the other side of my EDC bag. Snug fight but that just makes it more secure. Gives me a little more visibility at night from the rear and the sides. I keep the bag on my side of the bed on a chair. I light them each night for a few seconds that way I can easily located the bag, even in total darkness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let there be light! bdcochran 0 190 12-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
Thumbs Up UV Paqlite David 2 997 10-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Last Post: David
  Glock Tactical Light TL-10 David 4 458 10-16-2018, 11:17 AM
  Got a new light for Father's day bmyers 2 529 06-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Added another light (actually two of them) bmyers 7 1,163 05-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Do you have a light in every room? bmyers 9 2,270 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM
  Review: CREE 'Super Light' David 0 1,042 03-29-2016, 01:34 PM
  USB Night Light Widgets David 6 3,924 10-07-2015, 12:13 PM