Poll: What type of gear carrier do you use for EDC?
Sling bag
Waist pouch
Back pack
Hand held/brief case
Other
Nothing or just pockets
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of EDC do you normally carry?
Question 
Do you normally EDC some type of carrier for your gear?  If so, what do you use?  

And I'd also like to hear what you find you use the most in your EDC.  I've mentioned in the 'Your EDC' thread that I've been using the Maxpedition Lunada for quite a while now.  I've been streamlining it lately, adding things I find I need and taking out stuff I have found I really don't need to be carrying around.  It contains stuff like an IFAK, multi-tool, power pack, water filter and other stuff that I hopefully don't/won't need daily but would be very useful in a situation.  

What I've found that I do use quite a bit is my eye glass case which fits nicely in the upper outside pocket of the sling bag.  I only wear glasses for distance use like driving or as sun glasses (I have sun glass lens that attach to the outside).  But if I'm inside somewhere, like a store, I don't like wearing them when I need to see up close.  So having a secure spot to store and protect them has come in very handy.  Eye glass cleaning wipes come in handy all the time and I carry several.  I find I use hand sanitizer a bit so that's useful.  And the power pack has come in quite handy on occasion.  I carry one that has a digital display but is very flat and light.  I carry both types of cables and two types of plugs (car and outlet).  Don't use it all the time but it has come in useful in the past.  I find I really haven't used the Gerber Suspension MT but it is nice to have jic.  Those small packs of kleenex come in handy.   

I've used the occasion aspirin or alka-seltzer so I carry a few of those in the IFAK.   

Seems like the other stuff is there jic I need it.  

What do you find you use the most?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
a holster
I have sling bag that I keep in the car and depending on where I'm going, it will go in with me. Generally, it is just in the vehicle which is close enough for most of my needs. The bag has first aid supplies, medicine, writing items, and few things like that.

If you are talking on your person at all times, then I would have to go with pockets and a Crossbreed holster. My Glock, a spare magazine, wallet, flashlight, and a pocket knife.

So, out of my bag the most used item is Tylenol/Morton. On my person, it would be the flashlight, followed by the pocket knife and depending on the day, sometimes the knife is most used. Depending if the wife is with me, the wallet becomes the most used item.
(01-17-2019, 07:58 PM)Scout Wrote: a holster

Not talking about a firearm Dave, more of an EDC pack.  

(01-19-2019, 12:02 PM)bmyers Wrote:  Depending if the wife is with me, the wallet becomes the most used item.

Big Grin

A medium backpack with a small IFAK attached to the outside. Holds: a couple hanks of para cord, a real military rain poncho, a good knife, folding saw, lightweight 5x7 tarp, leather gloves, flashlight, filter straw and fire starter kit. And it still has room to carry my lunch and a drink or a rolled up long sleeve shirt and some snacks. Oh, and the outer pouch holds a stainless bottle.
This has been my carry everywhere for over a year now.
I have marched out into the woods with just this pack on for the weekend one time so far= I was NOT comfortable, but I lived.
I'm still rocking my Maxpedition pocket pouch. It holds most of the things I need on a daily basis. Right now it has a Kershaw Baby Boa, Olight S1RII, travel Advil tube, gum, lens wipes, membership cards, and the outside pocket holds my money clip with cash/credit/ID handy.
I probably use the Advil the most due to my structural problems.
Since I've started wearing glasses this year, I need to find a way to carry a holder. I am vehemently opposed to carrying things when I go places. To the point that I don't even wear a winter coat because I know I'll have to take it off when I get inside. This makes a shoulder bag or similar problematic. I want everything in my pockets and out of the way.
I usu carry a small backpack... like a small day hiker about 10 L size
Like it because of small size it works on one shoulder too.
normal items ; small flashlight, first aid , folding knife, extra mag for carry gun, bottle of water, etc
(01-21-2019, 08:37 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: Since I've started wearing glasses this year, I need to find a way to carry a holder. I am vehemently opposed to carrying things when I go places. 

That's one of the reasons I'm using the Lunada.  It has an outside zippered pocket the perfect size for an eyeglass hard case.  I don't like hooking glasses over the neck of my shirt because I'm always concerned they are going to fall out if I bend over to grab something off a shelf.  So it's perfect to have a spot to toss them in and I know they are protected.   Probably the number one feature I use on the bag.

I've tossed this out before, I have the UVGloStik attached to the outside.  Great to identify the bags location in the dark or be seen if you're walking around as a safety device and really adds virtually no weight or takes up any room.  I've attached it to the molle straps on the back of the bag.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do Spec Ops dudes carry every day? Every Day Carry (EDC) Pocket Dump David 6 821 05-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Foldable bikes for full time vehicle carry Cowboy1964 4 1,622 04-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Cowboy1964