Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done this week to forward your 2019 prepping goals?
New year, new thread  Smile

Started using my older but smaller sling bag as my EDC pack.  Can't fit as much stuff in it as the Lunada of course but I'm more likely to have it with me due to weight and ease of carry.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
We purchased several plastic containers with lids and is working on sorting through our supplies and getting them separated into groups and labeled.
Milk crates work great, stack easily, 4 plastic coffee jugs will fit inside for small parts, various cardboard, file folders to line the sides keeps things within and labeling, easy to transport.

JMHO one of the best for storage inside the house/attic.
(01-02-2019, 05:17 PM)bmyers Wrote: We purchased several plastic containers with lids and is working on sorting through our supplies and getting them separated into groups and labeled.

Years ago, I discovered snapware large clear plastic storage containers.

I will discuss the containers and the comments by a local plastics manufacturer.

1.  The non kitchenware snapware clear plastic containers are the gold standard and are increasingly chased out of the market place by garbage.
2.  With clear plastic, you do not have to label containers.
3.  If you buy a container with a colored top, the chances are that you cannot stack the same.
4.  If you store canned food in clear plastic containers, they will usually be leak proof.  So, you need to punch a hole or series of small holes in the bottom because if one containers leaks, it will eventually contaminated the other containers, at least you will end up with a swampy foul smelling container.

My old photograph albums were stored in bankers cardboard boxes that are now failing.  I am spending the money to reduce the most important pictures to usb keys.  When I get wheeled into the Lackey Convalescent Home someday, I will not have a room festooned with pictures.  I am also having difficulty lifting the boxes now. 

I just went through the garage and the attic throwing away old tax materials/medical records.  Also made sure that everything had manuals stored in plastic bags.
We have purchased about dozen of these boxes for various supplies that we don't want to get wet and have easy access to grab and go.

https://mtmcase-gard.com/products/campin...boxes.html

We also purchased several clear containers (which we are filling now) that we are placing them in some heavy duty totes that we have purchased.

Trying to get things organized better and the weaker containers placed in stronger ones that will take the abuse if we ever have to grab and go, but still have the stuff stored nicely and not just all tossed into large containers.
Ordered some 30 Carbine ammo this week and just received it today. I've had a WWII era (Winchester) 30 Carbine for about 15 years but have never got around to shooting it due to the cost of ammo. Found a good deal on 200 rounds of Federal w/$50 rebate so I thought I would go for it. Since I will now have some brass, ordered reloading dies for it as well.
Mac...
been doing so for a while,
FYI, I spray lube the cases at a rate of about 1 of 5. It's just enough to prevent any sticking in the dies due to the dual taper of the case ( top/ bottom ) which requires just a bit more force over a pistol round.
Also I have had to re-trim the length on some of my older brass so taper crimp is enough for holding
Ordered 250 rounds 44 mag for the new rifle.
(01-05-2019, 01:52 PM)bmyers Wrote: Ordered 250 rounds 44 mag for the new rifle.

Whatcha gonna load it with.  What role with this new rifle serve for you?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I deprimed, resized and cleaned 300 38 spl cases, 267 357 mags and 116 44 spl cases yesterday. I expect that I will load a couple hundred of the 38s for SD to stash away and the rest for target shooting. I have a couple thousand empty 38s left over from my PPC days that I will eventually reload.

My goal is to have a couple hundred 357s for hunting/SD stashed away. I will be testing some loads before I decide what to stash. The SD ammo will likely be JSP & JHPs with some hard cast SWC thrown in. I may have some more empty 357 cases laying around somewhere

I no longer have a 44 spl revolver but I do have a 44 mag. I will likely load all the 44 spls for SD to stash away. They will work well in my Redhawk and will shoot in my Marlin.

I still have a couple hundred empty 44 mag casings which I intend to load for hunting and stash away. That doesn't include the 2 boxes (100 rnds) I loaded in the fall.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up What have you done this week to forward your 2018 prepping goals? David 59 16,479 12-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: David
  Alcohol & Prepping Scout 16 2,814 09-29-2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Bob
Exclamation Pay it forward David 15 7,359 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
  Thrift Stores, Antique Stores, and prepping Chico Bill 6 3,107 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  What have you done this week to forward your 2017 prepping goals? David 88 27,352 12-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac
Video Ten prepping lessons that L.E. Has taught me video David 2 1,612 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question Your goals for 2017? David 1 1,505 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2016 prepping goals? David 74 34,103 11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
  Prepping For Gas Shortages JRSC 16 6,666 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2015 prepping goals? David 61 34,092 01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie