Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Added another PCC
Big Grin 
My wife is unable to drive right now due to her foot surgery. So, yesterday she wanted me to take her to the gun shop while we were out running around. I don't ever pass up a chance to go to the gun store. We walk in and talking to the owners and I'm window shopping, enjoying all the different guns.

I look over and my wife has her FOID card out, which isn't unusual because our fine state requires you to present one before handling guns. Yet, next thing I know there was a rifle that they had brought out from the back and I seen her filling out paperwork. 

Of course I had to go over and see what was going on. As I started looking over things, I pointed out that the gun there looked an awful lot like the rifle I had been eyeballing the last few weeks. 

I got an evil smile and then told Merry Christmas as I picked up a new Henry 44 mag lever action Big Boy rifle. 

What an awesome wife!
Nice! She's spoiling you Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
You know, you now need a .44 handgun to go with that....

When is the birthday?
The birthday not until next fall, but Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

We had lunch with two couples from church yesterday and decided we all would go out to the other couples house, who lives on a small farm and do some shooting.

I took the new toy and right out of the box was shooting the head on the IDPA target at 30 yard without any issues. Everyone took turns with it and they all loved it! Wife did a great job with buying this one. We tried it all the way back to 50 yards (the furthers that we could shoot with where we were at) it hit like a champ.

We then got out the FX-9 pistol and gave that a good working over. Heard some discussions that the different couples were going to be adding this to their stash of toys. At 50 yards they had no issues hitting hand size groups shooting from a standing position. I had them try the same shots with their pistols, will they scared a lot of targets, but only landed two hit on the targets.

Also, since it got dark on us, we broke out the weapon lights and they got their first experience with shooting with a weapon mounted light.

All in all, it was fun afternoon/evening of shooting and telling stories.
A 44 mag rifle is just about the perfect PCC. It is powerful enough to handle just about anything but slim and trim. Not to mention that it can be loaded down for plinking or self defense. Congrats on your new toy.
Was talking with the wife, going to be looking at a 44 mag revolver and a lever action 357/38 rifle at the NRA convention. I figure there will be lots of options for us to look at.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extended base plates for added capacity David 1 451 07-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Last Post: David
  Added a few things to the wife's rifle bmyers 4 1,542 01-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Last Post: bmyers