Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-fiction survival/prep books
Throughout this section of the board are reviews on various books, magazines, websites and YT channels that discuss survival/prepping.  GT member gave me the idea to post a thread to list these resources.  Feel free to post what you recommend and also a separate review thread if you like on your choices.  Let's keep this on non-fiction for the purposes of this thread.

I have in e-format (and some in hard copy) the following that I have enjoyed and recommend:
  • Prepper's Natural Medicine by Cat Ellis
  • Bushcraft 101 (A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival), Advanced Bushcraft (An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival), The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering & Cooking and Survivalbility for the Common Man by Dave Canterbury
  • Hawke's Green Beret Survival Manual by Mykel Hawk
  • American Library FoxFire Folk Rememdies
  • Medicinal Herbs (A Beginner's Guide), Herbs for Common Ailments by Rosemary Gladstar
  • The Coastal Homestead (The 3 G's to Kitchen Cleaning) by Amber Bradshaw
  • When the Grid Goes Down by Tony Nester
  • Survive by Les Stroud
  • 98.6 Degrees (The Art of Keeping Your arse Alive and When All Hell Breaks Loose (Stuff You Need To Survive When Disaster Strikes) by Cody Lundin
This is my current non-fiction library not counting the magazine bundle I have sticky'd in this section.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
One of the best series for old how to do it is the Foxfire series.
We have this book "SAS Survival Guide 2E (Collins Gem): For any climate, for any situation" in every GHB. The wife and daughter are NOT outdoor people. Wife likes to fish, but never been into camping, so I figure a small reference book could help them if the need ever arises.

They have an updated guide, but it isn't getting as good as reviews as the old one (one listed above).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survival Dispatch David 3 428 08-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: David
  Survival Guide bmyers 4 1,502 08-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Scout
  Hawke's Green Beret Survival Manual David 5 1,984 12-02-2016, 04:06 AM
  Ultimate Survival Tips David 0 848 08-22-2015, 09:22 PM