Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCC verses body armo
(12-03-2018, 11:43 PM)Bob Wrote: So - you are saying:  People who can afford tactical carbines, and training in tacticoolness, also can afford tactical plate carriers?
My point: If those guys are coming for you, you are already dead.  

No doubt - protection is protection.  But your definition of cheap and a criminals definition are probably different.

My point was that with the proliferation of body armor it's nice to know what will or won't penetrate it.

The way I see it is that one is likely to never get into a shooting situation, ever. But in a SHTF situation where one is forced to defend one's homestead/neighborhood, having some kind of body armor increases one's chance for survival.
Knowledge is a good thing.
I also haven't seen any indication that criminals are buying body armor. I just thought it interesting that a bump in velocity gets 9mm through IIIa.
(12-04-2018, 04:07 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I also haven't seen any indication that criminals are buying body armor. I just thought it interesting that a bump in velocity gets 9mm through IIIa.

Well.. it gets throught.the body armor in the video anyway.  Hard to tell what it is. Not to mention that it's integrity had already been compromised by having already been shot before the PCC was used..
(12-04-2018, 03:52 PM)bmyers Wrote: Knowledge is a good thing.

That's the point.  May be a tidbit of information you never use.  Then again, might be a crucial tidbit of information.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body Armor/plate carrier mac66 32 12,239 10-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Last Post: David