Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Examples of why one should always be armed in the woods
Like.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I like!  That would be a great little woods gun.  Too bad they don't make them any more.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
They are cool little guns. I wrote an article about them on my website...

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2013/11/ch...with-lead/
Another example.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-k...e-40270920
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
My brother has put that Taurus Judge to work on his property.  To the point that he's now ahead of the nuisance critter curve.  However, he walked out of his back door and was met by a pitbull he'd never seen before.  Big dog too but luckily it was friendly enough to not be a problem.  But it just reinforced the need to have something on you just in case.

Reposted from another forum with permission of the poster:

Quote:I think i live in the poorest county in Alabama so the drug trade is very bad here too. If you walk the woods much here you are going to come across someones pot patch. Often around here it will be in 5 gal buckets painted camo so they can easily move it around if needed. I mind my own busness about it unless i find it on our property. I dont use it myself, and i think it should be leagle, but in Bama pot is something you do not want to be caught with it. I think bama has some of the strictist laws on pot. So i dont want anyone elses stuff on our 60 acres bringing any of that drama to my door. We live on a back dirt road where everyone knows everyone and what everyone did last night. I think nearly everyone that lives on our road deal drugs but it is mostly perscription narcotics , pain meds and zanex. You can get the doc to right you a RX for 100 hydro's and easily sell it for nearly as much as you would make working at a convenance store. Everyone knows i am on either morpine or fentinyl plus oxycodone so i have to have everything in a safe here. Before i got the safe it was near a sure thing that someone would steal at least part of them, usually some family member down the road.Needles to say that pisses me to no end. Yes, the drug problem makes walking the woods a lot different than it was when i was a teen.Used to be you just had to watch for snakes.I know enough about what goes on around here that i could easily put a permanate stop to the drug thing on our road, but i have to live here.What a mess, i think i was almost 20 before i ever even saw anyone with pot.Now nearly everyone i know has some on them at all times, even the little old ladies. And this in a state where just a dime bag can get you a felony.

Staying Safe on the Trail. With A Gun

In the news today;  Hillsborough County (where I live) is under a rabies alert for the next 60 days.  Several bats, dogs, cats and raccoons have been found to have and transmit the disease.  Dog got into a fight with a raccoon that had rabies and of course contracted it.

So this validates the concern I've expressed in the past on this reason to carry in the woods or even just around the neighborhood.

Glock 20 Ends Bear Attack, Just Barely Some critters take a lot of killing, and the Glock almost didn't do it.

(09-16-2018, 05:36 PM)David Wrote: Glock 20 Ends Bear Attack, Just Barely Some critters take a lot of killing, and the Glock almost didn't do it.

Well yeah, a pistol will kill a bear but usually not before it gets you unless you surprise it while hunting.  When I went to Alaska and took my 44 Mag Redhawk I fully realized that at the distances one encounters a bear in the wild one is unlikely to get more than one or two shots off before the bear is upon you. Hopefully those one or two shots will either disable or turn the bear away from you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation The Armed Citizen David 40 15,680 07-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: David
  Woods carry: .40 S&W or .357sig? David 26 1,241 06-12-2018, 01:33 AM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up Armed citizens defending themselves David 4 2,471 08-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: kirgi08