Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado!!!
Well I've lived through my third tornado this afternoon.  Wife and I were just pulling into Walmart and the phone and radio started going off with the alert tone.  Tornado was coming right through our area.  I dropped her off at the door and parked and as I headed inside I could see the wall of dark coming just off the corner of the store.  I couldn't see the funnel but you could feel it and then a wall of sideways rain hit just as I was stepping in the front doors.  People running in from outside, power went out, alarms going off, tree limbs flying sideways.  Luckily we still had cell service and were able to call close by family and verify their safety.  

It went through and then we headed home.  Just after turning into our sub-division a huge branch was down in the outgoing lane.  Three of us stopped and were able to drag it off to the side.  Made it home soaked and had my two large planters in front of the house blown down. But fortunately the Lord kept us all safe and sound.  

We are still in a Tornado warning for another 20 minutes.  Areas of circulation to the north and south of us as a wave of thunderstorms from the panhandle to the keys is coming through.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I had to put on my Floor Team Disaster lead vest today at work. Serious stuff!
Wow, glad you all are safe.

Just wondering, how did your EDC light do during the power outage? Was it what you needed or did you wish you had more or less of a light?

I like hearing how a light works in real life situations.
I had my Thrunite TiS on my keychain and the EC11.  I only needed the Tis when I went to use the restroom which was pitch black due to the power outage.  Inside the store itself was fine and a light wasn't needed due to the skylights in this Walmart providing enough light even with it being cloudy.  However, if needed the EC11 provides from 1 to 900 lumens and I had extra batteries so I would have been more than fine.

And side note, I had the Maxpedition Lunada as my EDC sling bag (which had the EC11 and extra batteries plus all the other EDC stuff).  I was wearing it sling bag still but what really came in handy was that second strap that secures the bag by wrapping around the other side of your body.  This did a fantastic job of securing the bag when I was running across the parking lot.  That is a good piece of gear to have on a bag like that.

Watching the sideways wind and rain from inside the store was an awesome display of nature.  A person would not have been able to stand or move as this thing was coming through.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The storm came through our area as well, We heard the Tornado & a lot of people around us had tons of damage. We had no damage to our house and no power outages, we were pretty lucky this time.