Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Hannity 10/18/18 | Fox news | Rush Limbaugh
OK - I'm back.  So far through the first 20 or so minutes.

At 17:20 Rush says something that is so much BS that it would stink if he said it sitting on top of a pile of manner.  Nearly his entire M.O. is to say emotional things!  And - the very next set of statements out of his mouth are all about "all" of the things that wouldn't have happened.  As if he has a crystal ball.  I posit a number of those things would have likely happened no matter who was president.  His statement also is made under the guise of those being the most important things that could have possibly happened.  And it has the underlying assumption that nothing really good would have happened.  Again - that is patently ridiculous.  I'm not even going to touch the montage of "Mob Rules" behavior that does not really exist.  The film work on that was mediocre at best.  I'm worried more about Chinese and Russian EMPS (Because there was NEVER going to be a Korean one...). Tongue

More in part two....

OK - done watching.  So - I just watched a Republican "Get out and vote for a Republican" advertisement, that was so biased, and fundamental devoid of facts, that short of watching the film adaptations of Mama Mia and Rock of Ages, my life is now shorter and I regret that I can now never get that time back!   Dodgy

Yes Dave - him and Hannity are #1 with people who already believe what they say.  Of course they are.  Because if you believe what they say, you don't bother to challenge, fact check, or listen to them with critical ears.  And - like the BEST liars (Hitler, Satan, etc....) they do it by using a thread of truth.  If you want to stare at the golden thread woven into the black cloth, fine.   Cool

Any High School Debate team worth their salt charged with disembowling their rhetoric would like the second coming of the Spanish Inquisition! ar15

rhet·o·ric
/ˈredərik/Submit
noun
the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
synonyms: oratory, eloquence, command of language, way with words
"a form of rhetoric"
language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
"all we have from the opposition is empty rhetoric"
synonyms: bombast, turgidity, grandiloquence, magniloquence, pomposity, extravagant language, purple prose; More...

Big Grin

Case in point:  A key theme is Trump making America great again.  They said every American should vote against anyone putting Kavanaugh through that to derail and appointment.  But as I pointed out, the rest of America should be voting AGAINST anyone who supports a party that is for Kavanaugh as well, as he is an enemy of the constitution.   Huh

It's OK if you are an ultra-right wing deep-statist Dave.  Just admit it.   Big Grin

I still <3 you.