Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Survival Cancelled
I prefer DDP,I get better Ideas from that show.Those guys have failsafes,most preppers don't.If something happens they have med standby,if something happens now most preppers won't.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
‘Discovery’ Deceit: ‘Dual Survival’ Star Joe Teti Banned After Horrific Dog Incident — But Network Still Airing New Episodes

According to the article, DS was indeed cancelled.  The episodes we're now seeing were the unaired episodes. 

I think they need to get Matt Graham a new partner.  That or go back to Cody and Dave (wishful thinking).
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I'd hate to see it canceled. I think Matt needs a well suited partner and a shot of new life in the show. I do feel it's an injustice to Matt. He's a great, knowledgeable and skilled guy. Certainly someone that has something real to share with the viewing audience. Either find another program for him or find him another partner.
I'd love to see Mykel Hawke and Matt Graham but don't see it happening.  I 'think' Hawke has a law suit against Discovery?  Drama is what really killed the show though.  They should have taken a page out of Les Stroud's book and kept it as real as possible.  People that like this type of show can do without the drama and watch it for the learning experience.  Image a show that really showcased Cody and Dave's skill and the way they teach.  That would be a good show.

I watched the episode where they had the escape and evade scenario.  Okay, that was a refreshing change for a survival scenario so I'll give them props for doing it.  And it had some useful tips throughout the show.  One tip I found interesting was Joe had 550 paracord in his boots and used them as a saw to cut the zip ties on his wrists.  Matt used a sharp rock. 

It like to see them revive the show like I mentioned above with a pair like Matt Graham and Mykel Hawke and do interesting scenarios like the above.

In an actual survival situation, my money is on Matt exclusively. One thing I've learned about him is that his happy-go-lucky hippyish attitude is one of his biggest strengths. When you're able to enjoy yourself and have a good attitude, it sucks up more of the "suck factor" and gives you a more clear mind.

Joes attitude is just the opposite. The go go go attitude can make you unfocused and miss out on paying attention to things that could help you. And causes undue stress that you really don't need in a survival situation. Plus, being a hard head makes your day suck more.
Just found out there will be a Season 7 of DS.  With two new hosts.  One is a former Green Beret (let's hope he's not like Joe) and the other is a self-taught primitive guy.  Suppose to start in the later part of January.  

Don't know why they didn't keep Matt Graham?  Maybe they wanted a fresh start?  Let's hope it's less drama and more actual survival related information like S1 and S2.

Too bad they'd never bring back Dave and Cody (though I don't think they'd ever work together with each other).  And too bad Mykel Hawke isn't the military guy replacement.

Matt probably wants a break. I'm sure Joe was furious that he wasn't kept.
Haven't heard if Matt declined or if he was fired as part of a clean sweep.  Of course Joe shouldn't have lasted past S3.  It would be huge if Dave and Cody returned but again, don't think you'll ever see that happen.  Cody should have stuck up for Dave after S2 but didn't, at least publicly.  It seems he was down on Dave's skill set, which is kinda dumb as Dave's proven himself with decades of experience.  Cody leaned on Dave in the jungle and swamps because of his experience in those environments.  

O'well, hopefully DS can't get any worse.  Hopefully the producers pulled their heads out of their hind ends and realized that forced/psycho drama isn't really required.

How about Dave and Matt?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dual Survival JRSC 18 3,892 03-08-2018, 03:13 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  Survival memes David 14 6,762 02-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: David
  Dirty Rotten Survival David 20 5,313 11-19-2016, 02:18 AM
  Survival/Post Apocalyptic books Cougar90 3 1,188 11-19-2016, 01:59 AM
  When survival shows go wrong. JRSC 19 3,069 06-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Thumbs Up When survival shows go right David 7 2,094 04-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  What's The Grossest/Worst Thing You've Seen On A Survival Show? JRSC 12 5,438 09-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ghost
Big Grin The survival gurus David 4 2,131 09-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Video Ray Mears' World Of Survival David 1 1,377 07-11-2015, 03:18 PM