Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Survival Cancelled

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Reading where Joe Teti has a lifetime protection order against him and had to relinquish his firearms.  And just read yesterday where Mykle Hawke is now suing Joe Teti and Discovery Channel.  Be interesting to see what happens. 

Personally, I'd like to see Mykel and Ruth get another show.  They were quite educational and I enjoyed both MMW and Lost Survivors.

It's sounding like it's all about the money the the education.How the hell does 1 get a lifetime 50b.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Apparently stalking and threatening the Hawke family earned him the lifetime protection order by a judge, I think in Texas.

Sorry Dave,I don't handle threats well.I'd have solved the problem.I know yer LEO really a LT 50b.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I hate to hear it's gone. But I hate it much more because it started out great and got railroaded. But that's the entertainment industry for you. About the only drama-free survival shows you can find are on YouTube. But even with them you've got to filter the "weekend warriors" from the legitimate.

Anyhow, thought Dave Canterbury was coming out with a new show? Pathfinder Outdoor Journal has disappeared on the Hunting Channel for a long while now. Anyone heard anything?
According to DC's FB page (as of July 18th), he believes the show begins airing in September.  He didn't state the network but others are thinking it's Nat Geo.  Not exactly sure what type of show it will be but I'll be watching.

In regards to DS, the first two seasons were great and I very much enjoyed each episode.  Dave and Cody were truly the 'odd couple' but they really meshed well together.  And it was a learning experience overall.  The third season was a disappointment with Joe.  I really gave him the benefit of the doubt, and he did have an occasional good tip, but too much came out about him that wasn't good.  The fourth season I'd hoped would be better but when they fired Cody that was pretty much the end of the show.  Don't get me wrong, I like Matt Graham but Cody was the heart and soul of the show at that point.  Without him it just went further downhill and took Matt for the ride.

DS may not have been cancelled....maybe?  I see an episode on Oct 3 at 7pm called Nautical Nightmare.  I don't see that as a S4 or S5 episode.  It is possible that it was cancelled, but they're going to air the episodes that were already in the can before Joe's incident?

We'll see  Huh

Yep! New season next Wednesday. Just saw the commercial.

I hate it most for Matt. The guys got tons of great knowledge. But will always live in the shadow of Joe. And the bad thing about it is that if someone got the boot it'd be Matt. But he's been persevering with Joe. Don't know how but the man has great temperance and patience.
Last night my wife was looking through the shows she had DVR'd.  To my surprise DS was one of the shows recorded.  Had the first two episodes of the new season.  Guess I never removed the record feature on it.  I've really lost interest and enthusiasm for the show since Joe came on, but figured 'what the heck'.  So I watched the first episode. 

Meh.

Little disappointed.  Not once did Joe use the phrase;

'Gotta keep my head on a swivel"

Not once did he have to 'pull all his tricks out of his bag' to get a fire started. 

Not once was his shelter 'down and dirty'

Not once did he do something stupid..."PERIOD".

All and all I'd still rather see Dave and Cody.  Doubt you'll ever see those two together though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dual Survival JRSC 18 3,166 03-08-2018, 03:13 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  Survival memes David 14 5,065 02-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: David
  Dirty Rotten Survival David 20 4,433 11-19-2016, 02:18 AM
  Survival/Post Apocalyptic books Cougar90 3 1,062 11-19-2016, 01:59 AM
  When survival shows go wrong. JRSC 19 2,509 06-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Thumbs Up When survival shows go right David 7 1,766 04-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  What's The Grossest/Worst Thing You've Seen On A Survival Show? JRSC 12 4,882 09-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ghost
Big Grin The survival gurus David 4 1,895 09-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Video Ray Mears' World Of Survival David 1 1,253 07-11-2015, 03:18 PM