Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like Florida is in the path
Listening to the latest forecast, sounds like the Florida Pan Handle and the west side of Florida could get hit with a Cat 3. 

Sounds like Wednesday/Thursday is the impact time.
Here on the central West coast we will get some wind in the range of 40-50mph. Along with associated rain etc. Approximately Perry to the Alabama border will get the worst of it. As of 7pm tonite.  Panhandle people better be hunkered down very well by afternoon tomorrow.
Watching the news this morning, they were showing all the empty store shelves. I always wonder why people wait to the last minute to get prepared.
(10-09-2018, 10:13 AM)bmyers Wrote: Watching the news this morning, they were showing all the empty store shelves. I always wonder why people wait to the last minute to get prepared.

Classic 'it can't happen to me mentality'.  Plus people allow themselves to get distracted with too much other stuff.  No time to prepare for stuff when there is football and Dancing with the Stars on TV.  

Plus you're asking a lot for people to take responsibility for their own well being...
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The goobermint will take care of them.   Prisoners with shovels on burial detail.  If they aren't ready to bad for them, they EARNED it. Maybe in their better life? Big Grin
Reporting it as cat 4 storm this morning. Stay safe out there, I know several of you will be impacted by the effects of the storm.
Hurricane Michael strengthens to Category 4 storm, considered 'extremely dangerous'

Being reported that the Panhandle has never had a storm this strong and it is still strengthening (current wind speeds 140MPH) . Some models are now trying to push it to a Cat 5 (wind speeds of 157 MPH or greater) before it hits landfall. Storm surge of 12+ feet.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-mic...-dangerous

Hurricane Michael was upgraded early Wednesday to “an extremely dangerous” Category 4 storm and could be the most powerful storm to hit the Florida Panhandle in 100 years, forecasters said.

The storm’s sustained winds have increased to about 140 mph, with higher gusts, the National Hurricane Center said. The agency said it is possible the storm could strengthen further before it makes landfall Wednesday afternoon.
Just woke up to see this!  Wow, yesterday morning they figured a strong Cat 1 or weak Cat 2.  That sucker blew up quick!  My prayers for everyone in that area.  There are some cities and towns in that area but fortunately a lot of forest as well.  That section is where I10 goes through so you can drive for a lot of miles before seeing civilization.  Still, prayers go out for those in the path.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Yes as of 10am they think it will become a cat. 5 before landfall so all the other areas to get any effects from the storm could experience a little bit more than originally forecasted.
Stay Safe Out There Everyone !
Early Wednesday, the National Weather Service said a NOAA buoy located 150 miles south-southeast of Pensacola was showing 31-foot wave heights at 5 a.m. ET.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-mic...-dangerous

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida members... Bob 6 296 10-14-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Scout
  Dangerous down there in Florida bmyers 11 1,374 01-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Big Florida Shooting Event Ronin.45 4 882 11-13-2017, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Ronin.45