Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zipstitch
Just saw this and thought it interesting. A way to close wounds without stitches or staples.

https://zipstitch.us/
That looks really interesting.

I wonder if it is truly as easy to apply as they make it look.
1. I was looking for medical doctor reviews and was unsuccessful.
2. I will wait for medical doctor reviews and I will explain. I had heard about super glue working on closing a cut. I used it on one instead of going and getting stitched at Kaiser as I had done in the past. it did not work. The doctor explained how it might be dangerous if used instead of the special medical glue. So, I bought the special medical glue for the future.
3. I recall one time it taking the doctor a good 45 minutes working on a wrist cut to clean it out. I think that it would normally be wiser to get professional care than do it yourself.
4. If it is a matter of stop bleeding, there are blood clotting powders. I have used it on a serrated blade cut and thereafter immediately went to a doctor for care. If you do decide to use a blood clotting powder as a stop gap measure, make sure that you buy the kind made with potatoes rather than cow serum as you may be allergic to the cow serum kind.
It may work better than duct tape which I've seen used.

Wonder if it would be offered in various sizes?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Who is going to volunteer to buy one, go out and cut themselves (or a friend) and report back on how well it works? Nothing is better than first hand testimony.
(09-27-2018, 12:28 PM)David Wrote:

Wonder if it would be offered in various sizes?

Yeah, it seems like you would have to have just the right size cut for that to work, though I suppose you could cut it down for small cuts and use two (although they are expensive) for larger ones.
Cody has a free method that does the same thing:

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.