Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock 45
I don't really keep up that much with what Glock is doing i.e. new models and specials and such.  My buddy at work does and this morning he told me Glock is coming out with a Model 45 which is basically a black 19X with front serrations and no mag well cut out on the front strap.

This means the Glocktards will be out in full force and frothing at the mouth to pre-order.  Also means there will be about 50 new threads on GT talking about it.  

And of course the drones are still singing the praises of the 19X.  I'd rather have a regular 19 because then you have the option of shooting both G17 and G19 mags rather than being limited to just G17 mags.  That and they're less expensive.  

Kinda glad I don't keep up with these things.   Confused
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I'm not sure why the longer grip is such a big deal? For me, the grip of the 19 (gen 4) is the perfect length. If anything, I wouldn't mind having the same grip, but with a 17 slide.
I love my G19 not sure what generation, I am not an expert but I have had it for about 20+ years?
You can look up the alpha prefix and get an idea as to year,or call glock.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Fanboys will always scramble to get the new hotness from their favorite brand. The only purpose I can see for the 19x and similar guns is as suppressor hosts. That is a small niche.
I'm sure the G45 will fly off the shelves.
Wife and I watched several videos on them last night. They appear nice, but not sure that we have a need for them. Again, if that was a G17 slide on a G19 frame, that would interest me.
(09-24-2018, 02:07 PM)Scout Wrote: I love my G19 not sure what generation, I am not an expert but I have had it for about 20+ years?

Dave I don't remember if your G19 has finger grooves or not?  If it doesn't it's a Gen 2, if it does it's a Gen 3.  Either way your gold.  

(09-25-2018, 10:52 AM)bmyers Wrote: Wife and I watched several videos on them last night. They appear nice, but not sure that we have a need for them. Again, if that was a G17 slide on a G19 frame, that would interest me.

As of yesterday there were four threads on it just in the General Glocking section.  I'm sure that's probably increased.  To me it is just too gimmicky with no real use.  A regular G19 can use G19 or G17 mags so why get something that essentially limits your options?  Just doesn't make a lot of practical sense to me.  I guess that's why I like the G26 since it can use any and all mags from the G26 10-rounders up.  

I do like that they have front serrations and removed the cut out so at least that's a step in the right direction.  Right now I just don't see the need for any of the Gen 5 and current offerings i.e. 19X and G45.  I've settled on the Gen 4 as my platform but would have felt fine with Gen 2 or 3 across the board.  Just happen to fall into the Gen 4 with all the current Glocks that I own with the exception of the G42 which I guess really doesn't have a gen but is close to Gen 4.  

I wouldn't mind getting another G43.  I have an offer to buy one of my G22's tomorrow.  If that goes through I'll see about purchasing another one.  Probably should have kept the one I had earlier but I was still going through the buy/sell/trade faze.  Although I've successfully traded up each time and had fun in the process.  But yeah, leaning towards getting a G43.  I like the G22 but figure I don't 'need' two of them so if I can sell the one and get a G43, which I don't have but would use then it's a good move.  I would still have the first G22 and still have the 9mm conversion barrel to use with it.  We'll see if the deal goes through tomorrow.  

We've used Gen 3 G21's for probably close to 15 years at work.  At some point that will change of course.  Rumor is that the new head armorer (a buddy of mine) is pushing to go back to 9mm agency wide.  That's fine.  If that happens then it is likely that the G21's will go to a third party that will offer them back to us for private purchase at a good price.  That's what's happened in the past when we switched over.  I had a chance to buy one of our old Beretta 92's for $220 back in the day.  If they do switch over and if they are offered to use at a great price then I wouldn't mind getting one 'just because'.  I like the G21.

But really other than that I'm set and feel comfortable with my choices and inventory.  For me it's all centered on Glock, the Glocks revolve around the gen 4 and the primary caliber is 9mm with the ability to use the G22 in 9mm.  The only outlier is the G42 in .380acp but that would have a niche for when I need the smallest/lightest Glock.  I can see using that one on those occasions that I'm all dressed up like for a wedding or whatever.  And of course in and around the house.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Rhonda wants to look a 10mm Glock at the NRA show next year (I think that is her way of saying don't run out and by me one right now). She likes shooting the big guns, just to prove to the guys that girls can shot big guns too.

I figure while we are there, I will take a look at all the new models of Glock and see if any interest me, but currently, can't say they do. I'm happy with the Gen 4s and even though I like the looks of the Gen 5s without finger groves, I don't like the cutout on the grip.
Yeah, I don't see the point of of the 19X or the Glock 45, but that's just me. Apparently Law Enforcement likes the idea of a shorter but full capacity Glock. I guess I can sort of see their point.
I want to know what happened to the Glock G44??? We went from G43 to G45.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glock 42 David 26 659 10-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Last Post: David
Question Pmag for Glock? David 5 218 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
  Glock Perfection Bob 68 8,502 08-10-2018, 02:59 PM
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 3 230 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM
  Goodbye Glock Gen 3...sorta. David 2 469 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM