Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock 42
Rhonda had an issue with the locking back. It ended up she was holding the slide lock down. Since it is a slightly different grip from her G19, she was riding the slide lock.
I compared the G42 last night with my wife's LC9s.  They are almost exactly identical in size (length and height).  So right now I'm thinking I'd rather have a 7+1 9mm than and 6+1 .380acp.  I like the Ruger and when I had one it was very comfortable to carry.  Technically I have two of them, both LC9s models.  But I 'gave' them both to my wife as I wanted her carry and night stand guns to be the same type for familiarity. 

I'll see what happens. It isn't a 'main' gun for me so I can play around with it.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Looks like I'm going to hang on to the G42.  I ordered another magazine for it yesterday off Ebay, an 03 version.  Contacted them to make sure.  It won't be my main EDC, the G26 fills that role.  But for in and around the house or just going over to friends and family it will be a good gun since it's small, light and comfortable.  

Want to get an extension base plate of probably +1 but haven't decided yet which one.  I like Hyve but don't like their price.  Pearce maybe?

Decided on the Pearce +1 extensions and ordered a couple.  That and the magazine should be here in the next day or so I would imagine.

Still thinking about getting another G43.  I have a mag holder that I like quite a bit for the G43 so it just makes sense to have the gun to go with it.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  Kinda like saying you've got a door knob so you may as well get a house to got with it. 

Big Grin

Nothing wrong with that logic.
Tried the G42 in the Sticky Holster tonight. Noticed one of my backyard lights was out so I went out back to check it out. Figured it was a good time to try out the G42 in that holster both IWB as well as pocket. Both were just fine. Got the light working so it was a productive test run.

I had a desantis sticky holster once for pocket carry. I never tried it IWB.
(10-01-2018, 03:42 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I had a desantis sticky holster once for pocket carry. I never tried it IWB.

This Sticky Holster seems to be designed for either option.  I don't think it will replace a good kydex or leather holster for all day secure wear, but seems pretty ideal for that quick trip to the store where you just want to pop it on and off.  Or in shorts or sweats that don't have a belt.  For all day IWB I could see it needing to be constantly readjusted if your sitting/standing/sitting again like maybe at a party or friends/family gathering.  Some of that will depend on body type I would imagine.  For pocket carry I could see it being used all day and then some.  It was secure and at least in the cargo shorts I was wearing there was not moving around.  I know at least one pair of jean shorts it wouldn't work in so it will be situational depending one what I'm wearing.  

Since the G42 is going to fill the in-and-around the house and maybe short trips to family it should be fine.  If I plan an all day at friends and family and want a pistol combined with max comfort then I'll wear the IWB kydex holster that came in the trade that seems to be just fine.  It's a Black Point and is like $78on Amazon, so it isn't a cheapy.

(09-03-2018, 09:52 PM)bmyers Wrote: Yes, we have two of them. Rhonda has one and Megan received one for her graduation present. Both girls shot it well. I will occasionally grab it and toss it into a pocket holster when I have gym shorts on to make a quick trip to the store.

What round are you using in your G42's?

Federal HST 99 grain JHP 380 designed for micro guns.

(I had to get out the box because I couldn't remember)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glock 45 David 10 174 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: David
Question Pmag for Glock? David 5 217 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
  Glock Perfection Bob 68 8,499 08-10-2018, 02:59 PM
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 3 230 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM
  Goodbye Glock Gen 3...sorta. David 2 469 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM