Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida Salt Water Fishing!
I fish the salt waters of Florida as much as my schedule allows, recently my Nephew and I started participating in the NOAA shark tagging program. When we catch a Shark larger  than 3 ft. we will be tagging them to research movement, growth and overall health of the sharks. We  can track our tags when another angler catches a tagged shark and inputs the data. This effort allows researchers track shark movement in Florida waters, and keep an eye on the growth patterns.

Big Grin
When I was growing up in SE GA my dad had a 28' cutty cabin Criss Craft and we fished off of F and G reefs for whatever was running at the time. I have a condo at Crescent Beach just south of St. Augustine that I get to visit about twice a year. I have become a good customer of the "Sea Love" deep sea charter as I try to get in at least one or more trips out to the reefs. I really like it when the King Mackerels are running.
(08-29-2018, 02:17 PM)Scout Wrote: I fish the salt waters of Florida as much as my schedule allows, recently my Nephew and I started participating in the NOAA shark tagging program. When we catch a Shark larger  than 3 ft. we will be tagging them to research movement, growth and overall health of the sharks. We  can track our tags when another angler catches a tagged shark and inputs the data. This effort allows researchers track shark movement in Florida waters, and keep an eye on the growth patterns.

Big Grin

That's pretty cool Dave!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Yes, I cant wait to see where one of the sharks I tag ends up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is braided kevlar fishing line worth it ? Wolfman 5 1,184 09-07-2018, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Tsquare
  Pur Voyager Water filter mac66 3 420 03-14-2018, 01:51 PM
Last Post: David
  Slingshot fishing ghost 0 507 07-26-2017, 01:48 AM
Last Post: ghost
  Dental floss and beer bottle fishing reel ghost 1 693 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Last Post: David
  Fishing: Gene 5 2,184 11-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Gene
  Big Water Fishing Tsquare 7 3,319 09-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Tsquare