Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criminals carrying heavier fire power
http://www.kmov.com/story/38860546/watch...sing-trend

Above is a link to a video and article about a gas station over in St. Louis. If you just watched the video, you would think it was over in the Middle East. Sadly, it is just across the river from us. 

It is very concerning to see that gangs are using heavier fire power.
It makes you wonder if they are generally gang members, bored teenagers or a group with an agenda testing the waters. I saw this video a few days ago and shook my head. That someone hasn't been hurt yet is dumb luck. The police need to seriously step up there presence at this location and other problem spots. Otherwise they've lost control and that's a very bad thing all the way around.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I see a lot of these kind of guys trying to buy "power" all the time. They'll be looking for a "extendo clip" for their Hi-Point/SD9VE/Taurus G2c/insert inexpensive handgun here, and when I tell them they just need to learn how to shoot rather than getting more rounds in their gun they just give me a blank look.
One of my main EDC/CCW handguns is my Shield 9mm, it has 8+1 and I shoot it rather well. I'd have no problems taking care of 2 or even 3 "bad guys" with the 9 rounds on board. Plus, I carry a spare 8 round magazine for malfunctions more than anything else but it's there if I do need more rounds.
Knowing how to shoot and being determined goes further than having "firepower" IMHO.
(08-19-2018, 12:15 PM)David Wrote: It makes you wonder if they are generally gang members, bored teenagers or a group with an agenda testing the waters.  I saw this video a few days ago and shook my head.  That someone hasn't been hurt yet is dumb luck.  The police need to seriously step up there presence at this location and other problem spots.  Otherwise they've lost control and that's a very bad thing all the way around.

I'm afraid since Ferguson incident, the police have lost control.

(08-19-2018, 01:58 PM)TN.Frank Wrote: I see a lot of these kind of guys trying to buy "power" all the time. They'll be looking for a "extendo clip" for their Hi-Point/SD9VE/Taurus G2c/insert inexpensive handgun here, and when I tell them they just need to learn how to shoot rather than getting more rounds in their gun they just give me a blank look.
 One of my main EDC/CCW handguns is my Shield 9mm, it has 8+1 and I shoot it rather well. I'd have no problems taking care of 2 or even 3 "bad guys" with the 9 rounds on board. Plus, I carry a spare 8 round magazine for malfunctions more than anything else but it's there if I do need more rounds.
  Knowing how to shoot and being determined goes further than having "firepower" IMHO.

A few of us discussed this video and feel that we could most likely out shoot them. The concern is if they fire enough rounds, they could just get lucky.

PCC or AR-pistol would add an advantage to our side.
Ditto, most can't shoot at all and would be lucky to hit a barn from the inside of it. They have no Weapons Discipline at all and I see these types of folks constantly putting their fingers on the triggers and pointing guns in unsafe directions when they come into the shop to look around. It's funny but I can tell within 30 seconds after seeing someone pick up a firearm weather they'd be a competent shooter or not. How they hold the gun, trigger discipline, muzzle discipline and the way they act tells me a lot about how they'll shoot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carrying a gun you have never shot bmyers 8 814 10-31-2017, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac