Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Independence Day 2018
Please take the time to reflect on why we have this day. I think countless people around the country take this day for granted. It's a free day off... to remember the sacrifices made in 1776. A free, Constitutional Republic.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/it...ally-about

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government...-progress/
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
This is a difficult holiday for me. I am proud our Republic has made it another year and I regret the freedoms we have lost to liberal attitudes and ideals.

The difficult part is the fireworks, especially the sabots that sound like incoming mortars and rockets. If I can make it though the weekend without a PTSD panic attack it will be a good holiday. I have my noise canceling headphones on and plugged into the TV for a Dirty Harry marathon. I am also self medicating with some 14 year old Scotch to help numb my sinces.
(07-04-2018, 11:00 PM)Tsquare Wrote: This is a difficult holiday for me. I am proud our Republic has made it another year and I regret the freedoms we have lost to liberal attitudes and ideals.

The difficult part is the fireworks, especially the sabots that sound like incoming mortars and rockets. If I can make it though the weekend without a PTSD panic attack it will be a good holiday. I have my noise canceling headphones on and plugged into the TV for a Dirty Harry marathon. I am also self medicating with some 14 year old Scotch to help numb my sinces.

Sir, my heart goes out to you for what you've endured. I too am grateful for our Republic making it another year. Every Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day and Thanksgiving are somber days for me.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I have read two different articles about those suffering from PTSD and how difficult it is on them over the holidays. My grandma told stories about my grandfather when he first returned from Europe that when a plan flew over and he was a sleep, he would wake up and run outside and dive under the truck. She said he did that for months before he finally was able to get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Happy Mothers Day David 0 245 05-13-2018, 12:31 AM
Last Post: David
Heart Happy Easter David 1 258 04-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  NHRA Arizona Nationals 2018. TN.Frank 0 178 02-26-2018, 04:08 AM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Happy New Year David 4 379 12-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: JRSC
  Happy Thanksgiving David 2 651 11-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: bmyers