Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave's buying has me thinking
(08-02-2018, 04:53 PM)bmyers Wrote: I'm glad I inspired you.

The one platform solution for a disaster has helped us to setup a nice system with money being invested towards that platform (everything from PCCs, to lights, holsters, mags, ammo, etc.). I have the parts to basically rebuild a Glock from the ground up if the need would arise.

I purchased one of these: https://www.glockstore.com/Survival-Part...for-Glocks which I keep in my range bag. I have added additional parts and pieces to the bag. Along with the LWD armor's tool https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1075 , I should be able to fix almost anything with my Glock in the field. One of the nice thigns about the Glock is the simplicity of being able to take it apart.

Since we have our SHTF platform setup and fairly well stocked (will continue to add to it because you can never have to much stuff), I have looked at adding other guns, but will not have them as part of my main survival plan, just extra resources.

The weak point in Glocks is not the spring set it is the firing pin on the heavy hitting calibers such as .357Sig, 10mm, 45ACP +p, and 45GAP. The extractor follows a close second.
I would like a 357 pistol of some sort to compliment my .357 Lever. A snub and a 6" would be an excellent set for .357/.38 calibers....But I also really want a 9mm PCC of some sort. I have decided that my main pistol caliber is 9mm, so I have a number of them. I just can't decide what in 9mm!!!! The 995's are sooo cheap. The Sub 2k is so flexible, the Ruger is probably so good, and the Uzi is so classic/sturdy. And then the AR platform versions....

My main battery contains 12g, 9mm, .22, and 7.62x39. Those go deep, and I have specialized ammo for all of them.

But I also have .357/.38, .40, .45, .223, and 30-06 capability. I'd like to expand to other calibers like .20, 9x18, 7.62x54, and .270....but really no reason. Other than fun!

Go deep, then wider, then deeper, then wider.
Gotta say Bob that I'm really digging the 2K.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it would easily fit in the center console of my vehicle if I so chose to put it in there.  Or under the seat.  Point is that it can be placed where it is fairly accessible should the need arise.  

I'll get with Shane and see if we can all set a range date.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking (and Practicing) Outside Of The Box—Defensive Handgun Deployment David 4 2,382 08-31-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: David