Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social unrest or worse?
I'm staying out of the fray except to mention that during the 1960's and 70s the left actively attacked government institutions. Heck, they set off a bomb in the US Capital Building and actively attacked police. They tried to start a civil war back. It didn't work then, it won't work now.
I'm ok with the left starting a civil war. The right are the ones with all the guns...

I'd prefer nobody do it.

And not everyone is lazy. For example - the power mongers in .Gov work very very hard to get in charge. And they will work very very vey hard to stay in charge. I just think that the majority of people, left right or whatever (Meaning people who voted for Trump out of "He's not one of 'them'), still mostly, and more and more look to the government for solutions.

Thus long before there is any civil war of any sort from any side - they'll take the .Gov solutions. Short of total economic collapse. Same with North Korea - as long as the people have food....when that runs out citizen and soldier alike will turn. And then soldiers end up in charge. Usually not a good thing.

But I agree - most civil unrest actually comes from the left.
http://southernnation.org/2018/07/with-r...needs-556/

A good read.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I'm keeping an eye on things such as the flow of politics and how the left is ramping up both the rhetoric and violence.  Also considering the reaction if certain individuals on the left are indicted as things continue to be uncovered.  Full disclosure, I do believe that certain high profile Dems will be indicted at some point.  And I do believe it's going to be a sh!t storm when it happens.

Some precautions I've taken are defensive in nature such as the KT sub 2K for the vehicle to replace/in addition to the SG.  But also making sure my EDC is current and up to date with items that would prove useful in multiple situations.  Items such as a good power pack, IFAK and the normal stuff.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I'm watching things closely, I have to go to Chicago at the end of August for three days of training. I'm driving, so I will have most of my stuff, but just don't like the idea of being there if things go sideways.

To that end, EDC bag updated and re-stocked, car tire kit in vehicle, small toolkit in vehicle, spare tire good to go.

Will review the GHB before leaving and toss the wagon in the SUV. A lot easier to pull the bag and items than lug it all on me if I would have to walk.
(07-10-2018, 03:06 AM)Bob Wrote: I'm ok with the left starting a civil war.  The right are the ones with all the guns...

I'd prefer nobody do it.

And not everyone is lazy.  For example - the power mongers in .Gov work very very hard to get in charge.  And they will work very very vey hard to stay in charge.  I just think that the majority of people, left right or whatever (Meaning people who voted for Trump out of "He's not one of 'them'), still mostly, and more and more look to the government for solutions.

Thus long before there is any civil war of any sort from any side - they'll take the .Gov solutions.  Short of total economic collapse.  Same with North Korea - as long as the people have food....when that runs out citizen and soldier alike will turn.  And then soldiers end up in charge.  Usually not a good thing.

But I agree - most civil unrest actually comes from the left.

The right isn't necessarily the ones with all the guns.  I've had conversations with gang bangers in the hood in the past. They have lots of guns and are ready, willing and able to use them. They are also inclined if things go sideways to take down the man. They also tend to be Democrats, or lean that way anyway, and will be the troops the left uses. They are hoping for a revolution, they are just looking for an excuse.
Gang bangers are not democrats. They are criminals. They don't whine and complain when the dems lose an election or a pipeline gets put in. They are engaged in criminal/drug trade as a matter of business.

They were inclined to "take down the man" 20 years ago, and will be 20 years from now.

Losing rule of law makes it easier to sell drugs, steal appliances, and kill other gangs for more turf.
Disagree,dems in power make their jobs easier.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
They do what they do - their job is easy. Neither dems or Repubs have put the kibosh on them. You are arguing that mostly ineffective group is better than the other mostly ineffective group.
Gotta start somewhere.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Scenario #3 - inconvenient to worse case David 13 3,692 07-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: ric0123
Exclamation Scenario #2 - inconvenient to worse case David 6 1,704 07-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Exclamation Scenario - inconvenient to worse case David 8 2,680 07-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Potential Unrest bmyers 15 2,572 09-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: bmyers