Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread
(08-03-2018, 01:02 AM)Bob Wrote: Pics Dave, pics....

Post #20 on page 2 of this thread.  The upgrades are here:

Products for the Kel-Tec SUB-2000
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Added a Convoy S2+ flashlight to the Sub 2K.  Pushes out better than 500 lumens on high.

I just sold my JRC. I feel a bit of a loss, I'd had that gun a long time. The reason I sold it is because I live in an apartment and the barrel was just too long.

I bought a 10.5 inch AR pistol and then immediately sold it. I never could figure out how to hold and shoot it, since you can't put the brace against your shoulder. Considering the freedom pistol.
Still digging my Sub 2K.  Take it back and forth to work and fits in a small sling bag with room to spare.

(10-10-2018, 01:37 AM)ric0123 Wrote: I bought a 10.5 inch AR pistol and then immediately sold it. I never could figure out how to hold and shoot it, since you can't put the brace against your shoulder.  Considering the freedom pistol.

Uh,  it's okay to put the brace against your shoulder now. Has been for about a year or more.
I'm still Loving both of my PCCs. I always laugh at the haters on GT like in the current thread. Of course, most of them aren't shooters. If you only play with your guns a couple times a year, it's easy to focus on muzzle energy and maximum firepower for home defense. People who actually shoot thousands of rounds a year(or month) understand the benefits or just pleasure of a PCC.
If you are looking for a small packaged or I guess I should say a large pistol,. checkout the Freedom FX-9 Pistol.

https://freedomordnance.com/fx-9-pistol/
(10-10-2018, 03:49 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I'm still Loving both of my PCCs. I always laugh at the haters on GT like in the current thread. Of course, most of them aren't shooters. If you only play with your guns a couple times a year, it's easy to focus on muzzle energy and maximum firepower for home defense. People who actually shoot thousands of rounds a year(or month) understand the benefits or just pleasure of a PCC.

I've noticed that in that thread.  
  • What's a good HD weapon?  An AR15.
  • What's a good toilet snake?  An AR15.
  • What's a good frying pan?  An AR15.
  • What's a good pair of running shoes?  An AR15.
I get visions of these folks all decked out in their tacticool outfits with a rifle that weighs 20lbs cause it has so may accessories on it.   Big Grin

(10-10-2018, 01:49 PM)David Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 03:49 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I'm still Loving both of my PCCs. I always laugh at the haters on GT like in the current thread. Of course, most of them aren't shooters. If you only play with your guns a couple times a year, it's easy to focus on muzzle energy and maximum firepower for home defense. People who actually shoot thousands of rounds a year(or month) understand the benefits or just pleasure of a PCC.

I've noticed that in that thread.  
  • What's a good HD weapon?  An AR15.
  • What's a good toilet snake?  An AR15.
  • What's a good frying pan?  An AR15.
  • What's a good pair of running shoes?  An AoR15.
I get visions of these folks all decked out in their tacticool outfits with a rifle that weighs 20lbs cause it has so may accessories on it.   Big Grin

Redditt is like that also. I got into this huge flame war after an 18 year old girl posted asking for suggestions for her very first gun ever for apt home defense and everyone said AR. Even after I disproved the '223 went to through drywall argument' I still got downvoted.

As you said, online, AR is the answer to everything 

On the greater internet

(10-10-2018, 03:11 AM)mac66 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 01:37 AM)ric0123 Wrote: I bought a 10.5 inch AR pistol and then immediately sold it. I never could figure out how to hold and shoot it, since you can't put the brace against your shoulder.  Considering the freedom pistol.

Uh,  it's okay to put the brace against your shoulder now. Has been for about a year or more.

Really? Can you clarify? I thought that was the whole point of the shockwave brace, that it wasn't a stock, thus not an SBR

(10-10-2018, 07:51 AM)bmyers Wrote: If you are looking for a small packaged or I guess I should say a large pistol,. checkout the Freedom FX-9 Pistol.

https://freedomordnance.com/fx-9-pistol/

I think this is my next buy. I wish it was a 10 inch barrel instead of 8, but for 50 yards I'm sure it will be fine
"Really? Can you clarify? I thought that was the whole point of the shockwave brace, that it wasn't a stock, thus not an SBR"

Maybe I misread your statement but ATF ruled more than a year ago that it was okay to shoulder a brace. Shouldering a brace doesn't make it a stock. Bottom line, is that you can put a brace on a pistol and shoulder it without it being a SBR.

And...you might look at the EXTAR EP9 pistol @ just over $400. It gets good reviews, take glock mags, comes with a brace.

https://extarusa.com/ep9.htm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Smallest gun/caliber you'd feel comfortable with? David 125 8,466 10-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: David
  Single Stack Carry Thread (w/pics) David 23 425 10-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: David
  Semi-auto pistol vs. revolver David 22 689 09-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Home Defense Thread David 16 764 07-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  Multi-caliber capability David 11 625 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Bob
Smile Caliber Warz David 23 5,264 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mac66
  AR Pistol Build Bob 8 643 01-28-2018, 04:55 PM