Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread
A while back I picked up a teardrop shaped sling bag at a garage sale.  Probably for 50 cents or so.  The 2K fits in it perfectly in the large zippered compartment.  It has a smaller zippered compartment where I tossed a second 17-round magazine.  Eventually I'll toss in a few other supplies like an Israeli bandage and perhaps a flashlight.  May see about putting a flashlight on the bottom rail of the 2K.  Something inexpensive like a Convoy S2+ would work well.  

I don't plan on keeping the 2K in the car all the time.  I'll probably continue to keep the Mossy 500 in it though as a back up long gun.  I figure the 2K in that sling bag is easy enough to carry back and forth when I feel I want to have it in the vehicle.  Perhaps back and forth to work or if I plan a trip out of town.  Not really planning on having it in the vehicle for a trip to Costco or anything.  And I'll have the 12 gauge anyway.  

I actually have several options with the others being an assortment of small laptop bags which fit the 2K perfectly.  I figured the inexpensive looking sling bag would be the best option as it's low profile/grey man.  I think it has 'Chevrolet' on it so it was probably a giveaway at some car dealership.  Something you'd never give a second glance.  Which is perfect as I want grey man and not tactical.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Thinking about taking that fore end grip off as I never really use them and put a flashlight on it.  I'm thinking either the BLF A6 or a Convoy S2+.  I'd love to see if Convoy is making them in FDE now.

I ordered a slide on rubberized pad for the buffer tube and a buffer cylinder from Tacticool for the sK.  The buffer pad should give a softer spot to place my cheek against when sighting and firing.  The buffer cylinder goes around the recoil spring and is suppose to reduce recoil by about 30%.  We'll see how it works.  

A buddy of mine (Shane) purchased the Ruger PCC.  We're going to try to get together and shoot them both side by side.  Bob, you may want to join us so you can take a look at both of them.  

I put the Freedom FX-9 Pistol on the top of my Christmas list, we will see in a few months if I have been naughty or nice.
(07-23-2018, 04:38 PM)bmyers Wrote: I put the Freedom FX-9 Pistol on the top of my Christmas list, we will see in a few months if I have been naughty or nice.

Sweet looking.  Glock mag compatibility is always a plus!

Well the buffer cylinder arrived yesterday so I installed it and the buffer tube cover.  Both were easy enough to install.  I'll have to test the 2K out to see if it does indeed tame the recoil felt on my cheek.  But I'm thinking that it should.

Let me know when you and Shane are going!

I had one of those fore grips on an AK - really like it at 45% angle. Would hate it on that skinny little gun!

Cool trade
I went to the range yesterday with my buddy that just inherited his fathers Marlin Model 60.  He loved it.  This also gave me a chance to test out a couple of guns myself.  One was the new G26.4 I picked up, the other was the Sub 2K with the installed buffer tube pad and buffer recoil insert.  The Glock shot like a dream.  And I was VERY pleased with the 2K!  Before my right cheek was sore for days after shooting the 2K.  Although it's 'only' a 9mm, it's a light platform and that recoil on a bare metal buffer tube against the cheek was rather unpleasant.  The buffer tube cover went a long way towards adding a level of comfort. After shooting I have zero soreness in my cheek.  So thumbs up on that little addition.  The claim was that felt recoil would be reduced 30% with that tube insert and I'd say that's pretty accurate.  Overall if did feel much softer and more manageable.  So again. thumbs up on a simple and inexpensive addition to the 2K.

There's a surprising amount of upgrade parts out there for the Sub2k. A few simple changes can make a world of difference.
Pics Dave, pics....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Smallest gun/caliber you'd feel comfortable with? David 125 8,466 10-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: David
  Single Stack Carry Thread (w/pics) David 23 425 10-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: David
  Semi-auto pistol vs. revolver David 22 689 09-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Home Defense Thread David 16 764 07-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  Multi-caliber capability David 11 625 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Bob
Smile Caliber Warz David 23 5,264 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mac66
  AR Pistol Build Bob 8 643 01-28-2018, 04:55 PM