Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad day
We had to put our 15 year old dog, Grace, down today. She had tumors throughout her body and was having a hard time moving. We got her from the pound, a rejected puppy, who had been tossed over the fence at the Humane Society. 

She was a wonderful addition to our family for years and will be missed.
Sorry to hear that.  I know what it's like to have to put an animal down.  Look at all the good years you gave this animal though that it wouldn't have had otherwise.  That is something to help the hurt.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Sorry to hear.... Not looking towards the time when my wife's 20 yr old cat leaves, but know it is coming
Yeah, that is tough to do. You have my condolences. Just remember, you gave her a great life. The best you can do.
Thanks everyone.

Yes, we had a wonderful time with her. She was a great dog, but the last two years of her life has been rough on her, so we knew it was time.

I think Oreo (our Great Dane) is having the hardest time. She keeps looking around the house for her and then goes and stands at the door to be let out. She goes out into the yard, but comes back to the door with that look on her face wondering where Grace is at.

Every time we have had to put a pet a down, I swear that we will never get another one. Yet, after a few months, seems like another critter joins the family.
Animals bring a lot of joy to our lives.  And we in turn give them a happy and safe home to live in that they otherwise wouldn't have had.  That's a good deal.

Hard to imagine not having a pet.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Sorry about the dog. Re: pets. For many years, I did not have any because I was a single parent doing the rearing alone. It would have been too exhausting. Now, the girlfriend has a year old dog adopted as a puppy from a shelter. Like the last dog, it is shared among the members of the family. On a walk, it will stop and play with everyone and every animal it meets.
(06-02-2018, 03:07 AM)bmyers Wrote: Thanks everyone.

Yes, we had a wonderful time with her. She was a great dog, but the last two years of her life has been rough on her, so we knew it was time.

I think Oreo (our Great Dane) is having the hardest time. She keeps looking around the house for her and then goes and stands at the door to be let out. She goes out into the yard, but comes back to the door with that look on her face wondering where Grace is at.

Every time we have had to put a pet a down, I swear that we will never get another one. Yet, after a few months, seems like another critter joins the family.

My wife is steadfast in not letting us get another cat when the two we have die.  For just the reason that they eventually die.
One just decided to live here, the other was a very small lost feral kitten we found.
I sucks big time that they die, you just have to enjoy them while they are here and understand that your job is to give them a good home.