Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Stack Carry Thread (w/pics)
Update:  Talking with a local shop and they have a G43 for $400.  May just go that route and stay all Glock.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I like Glocks and as I have stated more than once, we went all Glock. Makes life simple.
Can't really go wrong with all Glock.
(10-14-2018, 08:20 PM)bmyers Wrote: I like Glocks and as I have stated more than once, we went all Glock. Makes life simple.

(10-14-2018, 08:44 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: Can't really go wrong with all Glock.

Agree with both of you.  On the way home however (I have a 30 minute drive) I looked long and hard at needs, wants and practicality.  To get a G43 where I'd like it would take about $550+ (gun, sights, holster, additional mags, +1 base plates).  Yeah, I've been working overtime and plan to work more.  But then I started thinking that I've already got a second LC9s that's fine except for the sight I jacked up.  For less than a fifth of what I'd spend on a G43 I could get good sights and have them professionally installed.  Then I've got my single stack 9mm done (already have a good holster, extra mags, grip wrap etc).  If I wanted to really splurge, I know a guy that has a cerakote business on the side (he's a Homeland Security Agent).  He said he'd give me a good price on a cerakote job.  Not that I'd 'have' to have it done but the point is that I could have that and the sights and still be less than a third of what a G43 would cost.  So I'm gonna be frugal, smart and reserved and go with the LC9s.  Whether or not I actually have him cerakote it or not is still up in the air.  I have to say that I liked that FDE Talo version that I saw.

Thought about it a bit and decided that I'll make the LC9s with the dinged up night sights my wife's CCW.  The sights are perfectly functional, it's purely cosmetic.  And whereas it would sorta bother me she could care less.  This gives her night sights on her gun which I wanted to eventually do anyway.  I'll take the LC9s she was using for CCW and make it my carry.  I'm going to see about having those TFO sights put on today professionally so I'll be all set in that department.  So it is working out nicely.  She basically has the same gun she's use to with better sights and I'll get a single stack as well.

Well Dave you really seem to be sold on the LC9s. I've always wanted a LC9s Pro but couldn't justify the price. My basic LC9 works fine. Then I was looking at the EC9 which I can get at the instructor price of $189 shipped+$10 FFL transfer fee. Don't really need it and can't really justify the price just to change horses. The LC9 is good enough for my purposes...but of course I always want something else Wink
I'd be just as happy with an LC9.  Just worked out so that I got these two LC9s'.  It will work fine.  Waiting for the gun shop to open to make sure the gunsmith is in and then I'll head up and get some night sights on it.  The cerakote will be on indefinite hold as it's really not needed.

I'd be happy with the G43 as well, but just can't justify in my mind spending the $ when I have a usable Ruger ready to go.

If I had to justify all my firearm purchases, I would be in trouble and have a lot less guns.
(10-15-2018, 02:22 PM)bmyers Wrote: If I had to justify all my firearm purchases, I would be in trouble and have a lot less guns.

I'm at a point in life where I can afford anything I want but I've learned to "Just Say No" unless I really, really, really....really want it. It not really a matter of needing it, it's a matter of having more stuff. Consequently, I made a rule that nothing comes in unless something goes out. I just can't bear to part with anything even though I don't need or use half of the guns I have. And yes, I've broken that rule on a regular basis. Wink
Got the TFO night sights installed on the Ruger LC9s this afternoon.  Just finished putting the grip wrap on it.  Same material as Talon Grips but it was like $6 cheaper.  I just ordered a mag holder from Kytex Shooting Gear which make my favorite mag holders.  Keeps a spare mag very close to the body, very secure.  So I'm all set for a SS pistol and will probably care the LC9s more than the G26 just for comfort.  And it's compatible with my wife's carry so that's a plus.  

Only thing to do now is order the occasional extra mag here and there.  And shoot it of course  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woods carry: .40 S&W or .357sig? David 33 5,103 04-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Last Post: fishingjeff
  The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread Bob 63 9,197 12-22-2018, 01:47 PM
Last Post: David
  Carry tips, hints and suggestions Bob 7 1,072 11-26-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Bob
Smile Zombie gun thread David 7 1,026 11-01-2018, 10:32 PM
  .380 is just too dangerous for carry Bob 2 739 09-26-2018, 01:50 AM
  Home Defense Thread David 16 3,554 07-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  Appendix Carry David 22 5,016 06-30-2018, 12:40 PM
  Single Stack Carry poll David 10 2,279 06-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: ghost
  Israeli Carry David 6 2,084 05-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Information Five Things To Have for Concealed Carry David 10 3,322 01-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bmyers