Poll: What's your preference?
Tent
Hammock
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tent, hammock or other?
I feel ya buddy, a good hammock setup is dependent on where you can anchor it.  Fortunately, where we're going there are plenty of appropriately spaced trees.  We've had multiple folks able to set up a good hammock spot in and around our campsite.

For me it works out as it keeps my head up an a 45 degree angle and I'm comfortable being cocooned in.  I've also been wanting to find straps like what Bob was using last time that really worked out well and also protected the trees.  Found them at a great price:

Ultimate adjustable Tree Hanging Atlas Straps Suspension System for ENO Hammock
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
My wife believes 'roughing it' is going to a hotel that doesn't have a Jacuzzi in the room, so I voted for other.
(11-03-2017, 04:42 PM)bmyers Wrote: My wife believes 'roughing it' is going to a hotel that doesn't have a Jacuzzi in the room, so I voted for other.

Our wives are cut from the same cloth  Big Grin

I've already received the rain fly.  That was quick shipping!  Straps are on the way as well so it looks like it will be a hammock weekend.  Looking forward to giving it the test run.

I explain as follows.  I live in a metropolitan area.  It is semi desert, very little rainfall.  Mediterranean type climate.

I carry a German Army sniper sleeping bag in the car and a space blanket.

At home, I have plastic to cover windows, plastic/canvas drop clothes large enough to make tents.  I have a Wiggys bag.    The likelihood is that I will be at home.  The material is to block wind/keep off cold or moist surfaces.  No need for a tent or a hammock.
We have to be prepared for all the weather. This morning, it was 68 when we woke up. Now it is 36 degrees and we are under a wind advisory.
(11-03-2017, 04:42 PM)bmyers Wrote: My wife believes 'roughing it' is going to a hotel that doesn't have a Jacuzzi in the room, so I voted for other.

yes... wife here says camping is in the Hilton on generatiors
I travel with BOTH the Bednet, and a Hammock. Each has it's benefits, and the two are so small and light its easy to bring both.
(11-21-2017, 12:23 PM)Bob Wrote: I travel with BOTH the Bednet, and a Hammock.  Each has it's benefits, and the two are so small and light its easy to bring both.

You ever think about getting the rain fly for either?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Tent Gene 10 975 Yesterday, 10:09 AM
Last Post: bmyers