Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Added another light (actually two of them)
A few weeks ago Olight had a special on their weapon light (PL-2). It was a three hour sale, but the response was so great that it crashed their website. So, they increased their capacity and extended the sale for 24 hours. I ordered two of them. 

They sent an email two days after I ordered them and said they had sold out of them and there would be a delay in getting mine shipped. I was alright with that, the price was good and I wasn't in a hurry.

They arrived today. Along with the light I ordered, they included two I3E lights and a discount code for 30% off an Olight M2T Warrior (limit 2). Needless to say I was happy to get the extra flashlights.

I got the PL-2s attached to our G19s. I have only used them inside the house so far, but they are bright (1,200 lumen). One feature that I really like is the flip switch to take them on and off. My old Streamlight I had to unscrew and then press in to get it on/off.

The Streamlights have been placed on the rifles and now the Olight is on the G19s and we will see how they do.

Well I have had the light out and played with it off the gun. It is bright! Lights up things very nicely. Not an EDC light, more of duty/home defense light. I have an outside evening shot coming up in two weeks and hope to grab some pictures with the light and get some shots with it on the pistol.

It out shines my TLR-1 and I would say it outshines my TLR-1HL by just a little. If I remember the lums correctly, that is the way it should be also. Although all these lights are great for home defense.
Sweet!

If you get some photos of your night shoot I'd love to see them.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

I planned on more photos, but I also planned on more shooting. Yet, the rain had other plans.
Thumbs Up 
That looks like it has some decent throw.  Impressed.  Smile

Yes, if it hadn't been raining, I could of gotten some better pictures. The treeline is about 55-60 yards from were I was standing.
That is a good amount of throw indeed.  Perfect for inside and around the house.  And 1200 lumens is bright!  Much better than what I currently have on my bedside gun.  That's something I may need to address.  Very useful thing to have mounted if needed.  If you don't mind me asking, what was the special price?

It was 40% of the regular price, so it $60.

Olight typically does a monthly sale on a light and it ranges from 30-40% off and they do it for a 3 hour window.

I think they have done the PL-2 twice now. Once at 30% and once at 40%.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a few lights to our collection bmyers 7 547 08-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Ronin.45
  Got a new light for Father's day bmyers 2 179 06-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Do you have a light in every room? bmyers 9 897 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: David
  Review: CREE 'Super Light' David 0 791 03-29-2016, 01:34 PM
  USB Night Light Widgets David 6 3,164 10-07-2015, 12:13 PM