Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do Spec Ops dudes carry every day? Every Day Carry (EDC) Pocket Dump
I guess I'm in good company with the G43...

Admin Note:  I moved this from Defense to Packs and Gear as it's shaping up to be more than just firearms and felt this was a better spot for it.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
On a side, serious note though...

It was interesting to see that 3 out of the 4 chose a G43 as their EDC.  Maybe the 4th guy got the wrong memo on what to bring that day?  Or maybe he's not allowed to carry CCW?  Don't know.  Interesting how none of them had even a small flashlight, anything to do with water or means of starting a fire (although the one guy had emergency rations i.e. box of milk duds).  I realize that being former SF doesn't mean you're a prepper.  Interesting to see though.

This dude's more prepared.

I wonder if because of their training they feel that they are more self-reliant and don't need extra 'tools'?
(04-30-2018, 03:02 PM)bmyers Wrote: I wonder if because of their training they feel that they are more self-reliant and don't need extra 'tools'?

Doubt it.  SF training isn't like the movies where they're all survival experts.  They may or may not have a whole lot of survival training depending on what type of unit and the end goal.  I don't think these guys are much into the preparedness mindset beyond guns and knives (first video).

I also find it very interesting that no one has a flashlight. I don't leave the house without one and use it all the time
(05-01-2018, 08:20 PM)ric0123 Wrote: I also find it very interesting that no one has a flashlight. I don't leave the house without one and use it all the time

I'm with you, I almost never leave without a flashlight. So much so, I carry one in my pocket, one on my key chain, and I have at least one in each vehicle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pocket dump David 1 155 05-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Last Post: bmyers
Question What's your EDC pocket knife? David 56 18,700 10-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: bdcochran
  Foldable bikes for full time vehicle carry Cowboy1964 4 1,128 04-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Cowboy1964
  Need a pocket knife with a glass breaker? Ganzo G702 has ya' covered. TN.Frank 0 746 10-28-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  EDC pocket suspension clip David 7 3,702 08-16-2016, 08:06 PM
Last Post: A3M0N