Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Out Supplements
(06-25-2018, 06:47 PM)David Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 07:06 PM)JRSC Wrote: I took creatine mono hydrate some. But ultimately stopped. 

Try Kre-Alkyn buddy.  In my above post.  :)

Thank you for the recommendation. But even this product bares the words "Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA"  which tells me that the same shady pharma and information may apply to this supplement as well. 

Please hear me out, I'm not belittling or arguing those who use supplements. If it works for you that's great. But I've become an advocate of things that are better known and healthier/cleaner for your body. My stance on the supplement industry has drastically changed and continues to change the more I dig into the producers and ingredients. Though some boast of being made in America, not all ingredients are grown or made here. Some make a sly gest of saying such things when truth is that the product was only packaged in America.  And, as I've said, the ingredients of a supplement may be 85% natural, but the remaining percentage can have a concoction of chemicals or such that can affect you in a negative way. Eating a salad made with vegetables and fruit can benefit you an infinity times better than a supplement with things that are either unknown or thought to be good for you. One stalk of celery is already better for a bodybuilder than 1 Animal Pak. A steak or chicken breast is better than a protein shake. Drinking a glass of low fat milk is better than post work out supplements. 

Some stereates are known to substitute your natural immune system. I don't think that's a good thing, just as I've studied young lifters who've been taking testosterone boosters then as they age their body's have adjusted to receiving an outside source of testosterone and now they're in a world of hurt because their bodies can't work as they used to. Now why wouldn't stereates cause the same issues? Again the point, "Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA". 

Just be careful what you're putting in your body. And know that a healthy diet benefits you far more than expensive drugs and such that benefit you for a while or while you're taking them. And remember that most actual athletes and bodybuilders never take these supplements, they sponsor them for money. When you look at what they're doing, you see even they stick to a diet of certain foods and they get just as good results. 
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
(06-26-2018, 02:44 PM)JRSC Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 07:06 PM)JRSC Wrote: I took creatine mono hydrate some. But ultimately stopped. 

Try Kre-Alkyn buddy.  In my above post.  Smile

Thank you for the recommendation. But even this product bares the words "Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA"  which tells me that the same shady pharma and information may apply to this supplement as well. 

Please hear me out, I'm not belittling or arguing those who use supplements. If it works for you that's great. But I've become an advocate of things that are better known and healthier/cleaner for your body. My stance on the supplement industry has drastically changed and continues to change the more I dig into the producers and ingredients. Though some boast of being made in America, not all ingredients are grown or made here. Some make a sly gest of saying such things when truth is that the product was only packaged in America.  And, as I've said, the ingredients of a supplement may be 85% natural, but the remaining percentage can have a concoction of chemicals or such that can affect you in a negative way. Eating a salad made with vegetables and fruit can benefit you an infinity times better than a supplement with things that are either unknown or thought to be good for you. One stalk of celery is already better for a bodybuilder than 1 Animal Pak. A steak or chicken breast is better than a protein shake. Drinking a glass of low fat milk is better than post work out supplements. 

Some stereates are known to substitute your natural immune system. I don't think that's a good thing, just as I've studied young lifters who've been taking testosterone boosters then as they age their body's have adjusted to receiving an outside source of testosterone and now they're in a world of hurt because their bodies can't work as they used to. Now why wouldn't stereates cause the same issues? Again the point, "Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA". 

Just be careful what you're putting in your body. And know that a healthy diet benefits you far more than expensive drugs and such that benefit you for a while or while you're taking them. And remember that most actual athletes and bodybuilders never take these supplements, they sponsor them for money. When you look at what they're doing, you see even they stick to a diet of certain foods and they get just as good results. 

Not withstanding the junk that's put into the food we eat. Unless you are eating homegrown organic fruits/veggies and grass fed organic beef and free range chicken you really don't know what you're putting in your body.  Just saying that life is full of choices and consequences.

And BTW, I don't take any supplements.
(06-26-2018, 06:32 PM)mac66 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 02:44 PM)JRSC Wrote:

Try Kre-Alkyn buddy.  In my above post.  Smile

Not withstanding the junk that's put into the food we eat. Unless you are eating homegrown organic fruits/veggies and grass fed organic beef and free range chicken you really don't know what you're putting in your body.  Just saying that life is full of choices and consequences.

And BTW, I don't take any supplements.

That's true to a point. But that's why it's good to research. But your typical grocery store beef, chicken and vegetables (and what may be in them) are still better than many supplements people are taking. You're right about choices. As I've said, I won't take anymore of these things. I urge people to research these things. But I'm not belittling or arguing if you do.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

As far as FDA approval goes, it's pretty meaningless to me whether or not they approve this or that.  While the FDA may do a little bit of good here and there, generally speaking imo they are a Federal group for hire to the highest bidder.  How many drugs have they approved that were later recalled because of the deadly side affects?  How many procedures were approved that later turned out to be a very bad thing.  And don't get me started on vaccinations and how the FDA approves them.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(06-30-2018, 11:56 AM)David Wrote: As far as FDA approval goes, it's pretty meaningless to me whether or not they approve this or that.  While the FDA may do a little bit of good here and there, generally speaking imo they are a Federal group for hire to the highest bidder.  How many drugs have they approved that were later recalled because of the deadly side affects?  How many procedures were approved that later turned out to be a very bad thing.  And don't get me started on vaccinations and how the FDA approves them.

I agree with you. They do have their corruption. But, as far as the "fitness nutrition" industry goes, all of this can be avoided by meal prepping.